By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I don't want this gen to end....

I don't think SONY or Nintendo have plans to release a console any times soon, and am sure not as early as 2010....

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

I was really hoping the 6th Gen never ended..... but that was just a crazy wish of mine....

4 ≈ One

I like a 2010 / 11 ending.

Then, hopefully all games will be 1080p, framerates will never drop, and the depth of gameplay will be even better. This generation is turning out to be a little disappointing. I thought graphical components of games were at or near their peak... GTA IV, among others, shows were not there yet...

ultimate_123 said:

Idon't want this gen to end..... COS I MISS YOU BABE AND I don't want to miss a thaang.  COS EVEN when I dream of youuuuuuuu the sweetest dream will never do COS I miss you babe and I don't wanna miss a thing!

Wait we were discussing aerosmith werent we?

NeoRatt said:
I like a 2010 / 11 ending.

Then, hopefully all games will be 1080p, framerates will never drop, and the depth of gameplay will be even better. This generation is turning out to be a little disappointing. I thought graphical components of games were at or near their peak... GTA IV, among others, shows were not there yet...

Im sure that neither the 360 or ps3 have come close to their peak, the reason? Im seeing games on the wii look close to the PS360, and the PS3 and XBOX 360 are far more powerful graphicly than the wii, I see the ps3 and 360 showing better looking games in 2009.

mM
Around the Network

Yeah, this has been a great gen and it'll only get better. We're not even halfway through yet so enjoy it. =]

Next gen will most likely be even better.

c0rd said:
d21lewis said:
Development times are so long, that I think that this gen is going to last a little longer for every console (maybe not the Wii). I'm still amazed on a regular basis by what this gen is offering. Heavy Rain, Res Evil 5, Gears of War 2, and the technical innovations that the big 3 are offering. I think that this gen is just barely reaching it's prime!

I wonder how people assume the HD consoles can outlast the Wii. There are a two reasons I think it isn't happening:

1) The lead console always lasts the longest.

2) Nintendo's consoles have always been the last entree into their specific generations.

The "hardcore" buying the HD consoles are also the first ones who'd jump ship onto the next-gen offerings. Most of the Wii owners would be satisfied with their old system (see: the PS2).

I wouldn't worry about the next console starting soon. Nintendo wants to prolong it as long as they can, and the 360 is still going strong on its 3rd year. I can't imagine Sony bringing out another console only 5 years after the costly PS3, either.

I think the next Nintendo console will co-exist side by side with the Wii.  The Wii is a strange creature.  It took a lot of established "rules" and threw them out of the window.  I still want a more powerful Nintendo console, though.  There are too many features that I consider essential, that the Wii is lacking.  Whatever they do, Nintendo has my full support.  They aren't the oldest surviving (and thriving!) gaming company for nothing.

You got plenty of time to enjoy this gen I am thinking 2011 the first new console somes out so you have 2+ years of having the best and when the new one comes out the first year they will fully support old and new so enjoy the ride

This Christmas is going to be the APEX for games
Fallout 3
Price of Persia
Mirrors edge
Little big planet
Resistance 2
Gears 2
Fable 2
Far Cry 2
left 4 dead
COD WOW

I would guess at least 4-5 above would be AAA and the rest AA
its a good time to be in this gen

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

While it's generally been the rule that the weaker system "wins" the console wars, it has never been demonstrated more powerfully in the console market than the Wii has this gen. Hence, I think it's pretty much a sure thing that this generation will last longer than most, because we have now broken the unwritten rule that it's enough to simply make last-gen systems faster for future iterations.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

Heck, I'm still fully immersed in the 6th gen, too many great games for $5 at gamestop. Don't worry, game systems (for me anyway) hit their peak when the next gen releases, all the hype around the new systems causes a glut of used games, it's been a paradise since the 7th gen released cuz I've gotten both a Gamecube and Xbox for under $90, plus games (especially Xbox games) are cheap as hell.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting