By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I don't want this gen to end....

Times passing too quickly nowadays and I don't want the next-gen console in 2010/2011. In 2012 or 2013 will be alright because right now in a blink of a eye 2008 is nearly about to end.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Around the Network

Don't worry, Sony and Microsoft have said they are not considering a console until 2012 and Nintendo need to think of a way to make the console new while keeping it cheap.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

its ok when you have got the "10 year plan" lol

Development times are so long, that I think that this gen is going to last a little longer for every console (maybe not the Wii). I'm still amazed on a regular basis by what this gen is offering. Heavy Rain, Res Evil 5, Gears of War 2, and the technical innovations that the big 3 are offering. I think that this gen is just barely reaching it's prime!

Kantor said:
Don't worry, Sony and Microsoft have said they are not considering a console until 2012 and Nintendo need to think of a way to make the console new while keeping it cheap.

This would be easy for Nintendo.  All they would have to do is duct tape two Wiis together.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
oliminator1994 said:

But who actually wants to play a last-gen console when a next-gen console comes out? OK maybe for the first or 2 years but after that you really wanna have a next-gen console.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

ultimate_123 said:
oliminator1994 said:

But who actually wants to play a last-gen console when a next-gen console comes out? OK maybe for the first or 2 years but after that you really wanna have a next-gen console.

Lots of people. That's why the virtual console has been so successful and there's an enormous world-wide retro scene with thousands of websites and dozens of magazines dedicated to it.

WessleWoggle said:
ferret1603 said:
ultimate_123 said:
oliminator1994 said:

Lots of people. That's why the virtual console has been so successful and there's an enormous world-wide retro scene with thousands of websites and dozens of magazines dedicated to it.

But the virtual console is 2 gens back and farther, not last gen.

Are you suggesting people don't want to play last-gen games but do want to play them as soon as they become 2 gens ago? The Wii supports Gamecube games which have seen a big boost in the second hand market and Nintendo are talking about re-releasing some such as the Pikmin 1 & 2 combined pack. 360 owners usually have several original Xbox games to play on it. There was a big outcry among gamers when the PS3 dropped bc with the PS2.

Most gamers are focused on the current-gen, but most are also keen to play good games whatever gen they come from.

The next gen will start in 2

d21lewis said:
Development times are so long, that I think that this gen is going to last a little longer for every console (maybe not the Wii). I'm still amazed on a regular basis by what this gen is offering. Heavy Rain, Res Evil 5, Gears of War 2, and the technical innovations that the big 3 are offering. I think that this gen is just barely reaching it's prime!

I wonder how people assume the HD consoles can outlast the Wii. There are a two reasons I think it isn't happening:

1) The lead console always lasts the longest.

2) Nintendo's consoles have always been the last entree into their specific generations.

The "hardcore" buying the HD consoles are also the first ones who'd jump ship onto the next-gen offerings. Most of the Wii owners would be satisfied with their old system (see: the PS2).

I wouldn't worry about the next console starting soon. Nintendo wants to prolong it as long as they can, and the 360 is still going strong on its 3rd year. I can't imagine Sony bringing out another console only 5 years after the costly PS3, either.