By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears Of War 2. GRAPHICS Diary. Watch!

i thought the part where they are in that drill type thing going underground looked pretty crappy. and was the sky concept art? hate when games like these have random concept art its retarded and out of place! but other than that it still looks good

Around the Network

Hmmm, I think Gears/Killzone are about on par with each other. I couldn't say one way or another. (Thats with playing the Killzone 2 Beta)

Tease.

So sony fans think this isnt as good as KZ2.... ok. Big surprise.

Personally I think some of the lighting shaders are incredible and better than what I have seen in Killzone2. They really got a cool raytraced feeling on the buildings and for example the helicopter. Which is not matched by K2.

On the other hand there are shots of Killzone2 levels with huge areas where you can see small details that are actually modeled going for a huge draw distance. I also think the particle effects in Killzone absolutely kill what we have seen in Gears2. So which is better? I think that depends what you like. Gears2 is much more smoke and mirror and always slightly blurred (details are often hard to make out) but it has amazing lighting. Killzone2 is more traditional and not as perfect but it seems to have more details, and seems to be able to create an amazing atmosphere of war and chaos with it.

Your mileage may vary.

I think they will win the graphics award again

@ stonj

dude its about quality not quantity 10 player gears is great

Of course the gameplay needs to be good, but 8 player co-op campaigns sound like a breath of fresh air for a shooter and user impressions so far seem to be very encouraging.

nd just right 60 players on R2 is too much you wont be able to play with out getting spawn killed every time

Depends on the size of the maps and how battles take place, like in squads or everyone running around in chaos in tiny maps. Insomniac's comments on this however sound promising.

Technically and from a design perspective it will be very impressive if they will be able to pull this off in a satisfying manner. Without online, games like Halo 3, Gears of War and Call of Duty 4 would be a lot less interesting, I think Insomniac will get this right and be unique, judging from what I've seen so far.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

Looks like gears 1 to me, but thats ok

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

@CDiablo,

that is true

but considering how GoW1 was beyond any console games
it is still very impressive.

Time to Work !

^^ Super Mario Galaxy looks like Super Mario Sunshine... the are both Mario games with the same charakters... same for Gears 1 and 2... but if you guys think there have been no graphical improvements you seriously need to play Gears 1 and then look at the vid again... this is not Gears 1.5... theres much more than better lighting and colors...

And if you really think this it looks exactly like Gears one you are really insulting the PS3 more than Gears... almost everybody here thinks it looks as good or better than RE2 and KZ2... so if Gears 1 = Gears 2 graphics and Gears 2 = RE2 and KZ2 then Gears 1 = RE2 and KZ2... so you guys are saying a game that was released on the 360 before the PS3 wa out looks just as good as two flagship games on then PS3 that aren´t even out yet... thats just makes no sense...

Is this Gears 1?

Spanx said:
Is this Gears 1?

Sorry no, THIS IS SPARTA !!!... would you mind falling down a enless pit for not reading the comment right above yours that clearly answers your question ???