By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Max Payne deserves better than this

Onyxmeth said:

Which one was she topless in? I only saw the first.

I still don't see how that's going to make up for an otherwise shit flick. At bare minimum you'll need a pretty decent sex scene to make up for the other lousy 90+ minutes. It worked for Monster's Ball.

She was topless inn the first few minutes of the first one. The rest of the movie was bad ass as well as it had her kicking the shit out of things. You expect too much from these movies I think.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
disolitude said:
Onyxmeth said:

Have we actually had a live action videogame adaptation be anything other than shit yet? I think the industry is batting .000

Id give the passing grade to Resident Evil 1, Mortal Kombat 1 (same guy directed both), and a full recommendation to Silent Hill.

Thats it i believe...

I wouldn't give a passing grade to any of them, especially Mortal Kombat. I suppose one could like it in a Mystery Science Theatre 3000 sort of way, but you still need some good booze and lots of obnoxious pessimists.

I don't know...Mortal Kombat movie was exactly like the game in my mind. It had a few decent fights too and was very well directed for the time(felt hip and modern oposed to street fighter which was quite dated). I don't think they could have made that material any better.

Plust the Mortal Kombat theme music kicked ass :)

I'm still waiting on the Warcraft movie.

Gnizmo said:
Onyxmeth said:

Have we actually had a live action videogame adaptation be anything other than shit yet? I think the industry is batting .000

Resident Evil series was bad ass.  Milla Jovovich topless makes any movie worth it. The third one lacked her boobies, but had her being a general bad ass so it make up for it.

The Resident Evil live action triology was retadrded. I'm not even attracted to Milla Jovovich. The woman who played Jill Valentine was way hotter. The CGI version of Resident Evil is going to be wayyyyy better. No videogame movie should be done in live action. Tekken is coming out and I feel screwed as a Tekken fan, because I know it's going to suck. The Tekken movie should be made with the ideal of being as close to the game as possible. Tekken itself has awesome CGI sequences.

disolitude said:
Onyxmeth said:
disolitude said:
Onyxmeth said:

Id give the passing grade to Resident Evil 1, Mortal Kombat 1 (same guy directed both), and a full recommendation to Silent Hill.

Thats it i believe...

I wouldn't give a passing grade to any of them, especially Mortal Kombat. I suppose one could like it in a Mystery Science Theatre 3000 sort of way, but you still need some good booze and lots of obnoxious pessimists.

I don't know...Mortal Kombat movie was exactly like the game in my mind. It had a few decent fights too and was very well directed for the time(felt hip and modern oposed to street fighter which was quite dated). I don't think they could have made that material any better.

I think the problem was the source material itself. I think these movies don't work because the priorities of video games are not necessarily the priorities of movies, and shoving both together tends to give the worst of both worlds instead of the best.

@Gnizmo-I don't remember her being topless at all during that flick, let alone a few minutes. It must not have been anything worthwhile because I've never done certain things to myself during Resident Evil. Also, yeah I probably expect too much out of these movies, but regardless I think they all stink.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Onyxmeth said:
disolitude said:
Onyxmeth said:

Thats it i believe...

Street Fighter was only done properly as an anime. Mortal Kombat was shit. The first movie was barely tolerable and the second was not even worth watching.

just tell me one thing, was mila kunis awesome in the movie?

Onyxmeth said:

I think the problem was the source material itself. I think these movies don't work because the priorities of video games are not necessarily the priorities of movies, and shoving both together tends to give the worst of both worlds instead of the best.

@Gnizmo-I don't remember her being topless at all during that flick, let alone a few minutes. It must not have been anything worthwhile because I've never done certain things to myself during Resident Evil. Also, yeah I probably expect too much out of these movies, but regardless I think they all stink.

Its the scene where she gets out of the shower. I was upset because in the third fil they re-filmed it not to show off her breasticles. Probably didn't last more than a minute or so, but so worth it. I have a thing for red heads with small boobs though.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

11ht11 said:
just tell me one thing, was mila kunis awesome in the movie?

No. I don't know how you can screw her up...especially after her super hot performance in the Forgeting Sarah Marshal.

But here with her bad black lipstick and stupid butch clothes...they make her look like a emo trany.

The other girl in the movie...Russian chick...Olga K-something...the girl in the new bond firm...she is awesome. But shes in it for 5 mins.

oh man that's the main reason i wanted to see it, mila looked really bad ass in the movie trailer

oh well i will probably get it on DVD