By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Max Payne deserves better than this

Best friend of mine is a General Manager of a movie theater...which is awesome as we tend to play the 360 on the big screen, have private screening of movies...etc... after the theater closes.

Today we were all pumped to see max payne.

Lets just say that we could have the new worst videogame movie on our hands. Not counting Uwe Bolls work ofcourse...you can't top that.

I don't want to get in to specifics on why it was bad (non existant plot, lame action scenes, story nothing like the game, not rated R, horrible editing and direction...).

Max payne deserved better than this as it actually wasn't terrible source material to begin with. Hell Mark Whalberg deserved better than this, and I don't even like the guy.

Looks like movies based on games will never get the proper respect from holywood. Whats series is next on the runing block? Brett Ratners Guitar Hero?

Around the Network

is the movie that bad?? :S I wanted to see it so bad :(

F.U. Fun University.

Have we actually had a live action videogame adaptation be anything other than shit yet? I think the industry is batting .000

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

Have we actually had a live action videogame adaptation be anything other than shit yet? I think the industry is batting .000

I thought that this movie could be the big exception, I think one of the most descent movies about videogames was silent hill, maybe mortal kombat. I think an assassin's creed could be a great movie, or MGS Movie could be the next TDK.

F.U. Fun University.

Onyxmeth said:

Resident Evil series was bad ass.  Milla Jovovich topless makes any movie worth it. The third one lacked her boobies, but had her being a general bad ass so it make up for it.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
Onyxmeth said:

Resident Evil series was bad ass.  Milla Jovovich's hard nipples makes any movie worth it. The third one lacked her boobies, but had her being a general bad ass so it make up for it.

I agree :P

F.U. Fun University.

Onyxmeth said:

Id give the passing grade to Resident Evil 1, Mortal Kombat 1 (same guy directed both), and a full recommendation for Silent Hill.

Thats it i believe...

Gnizmo said:
Onyxmeth said:

Resident Evil series was bad ass.  Milla Jovovich topless makes any movie worth it. The third one lacked her boobies, but had her being a general bad ass so it make up for it.

Which one was she topless in? I only saw the first.

I still don't see how that's going to make up for an otherwise shit flick. At bare minimum you'll need a pretty decent sex scene to make up for the other lousy 90+ minutes. It worked for Monster's Ball.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

disolitude said:
Onyxmeth said:

Id give the passing grade to Resident Evil 1, Mortal Kombat 1 (same guy directed both), and a full recommendation to Silent Hill.

Thats it i believe...

I wouldn't give a passing grade to any of them, especially Mortal Kombat. I suppose one could like it in a Mystery Science Theatre 3000 sort of way, but you still need some good booze and lots of obnoxious pessimists.

gera4390 said:
is the movie that bad?? :S I wanted to see it so bad :(

Yep, sorry man. This movie makes Hitman look like Die Hard... And Hitman was terrible.