By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Old Games That Demand Sequels

Populous. It's incredible to think they made that game 10 years ago.

But then Bullfrog became Lionhead, and Microsoft bought Lionhead, so there's little to no chance of them making this.

Little known fact: It was on the Playstation as well as PC. Hopefully, a good developer (not EA) will buy the rights to it and make it multiplat.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

WWE No Mercy

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Trojan (Capcom?)
Adventures of Bayou Billy(Konami)
Adventure Island (Hudson Soft)
Two Crude Dudes (???)
Battle Clash (Nintendo)
El Viento (Sega)
S.C.A.T. (???)
E.S.W.A.T. (Sega)
Space Harrier (Sega)

Cannon Fodder (Sensible Software)
Theme Park (Bullfrog)
Theme Hospital (Bullfrog)
Dungeon Keeper (Bullfrog)
WWF WrestleMania (Ocean)
Flashback (U.S. Gold)

(\__/)
( -'.'-)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Planescape Torment
The best RPG I've ever played, the ending was extremely satisfying and conclusive but at the same time leave wiggling room for a great story on the sequal.

Panzer Dragoon
This was one of my all time favourite game on the Saturn, it was easy to pickup, refreshingly fun, my only complaint was the brevity.

Around the Network

A Boy and His Blob

Darklands from Microprose
Starflight

"They think I'm crazy, but I know better. It is not I who am crazy, it is I who am MAD!"

"Bolshe, luchshe, I kruche"

WiiStation360 said:
Syndicate
Everything from Black Isle Studios

Looks like I spoke too soon.  EA is working on a new Syndicate game. 

EA working on Syndicate

Garamond said:
Burger Time 2

There was a Buger Time 2: Super BurgerTime for arcade as well as a recent mobile game entitled BurgerTime Delight--both are quite good and measure up well to the original.

Kantor said:

Populous. It's incredible to think they made that game 10 years ago.

But then Bullfrog became Lionhead, and Microsoft bought Lionhead, so there's little to no chance of them making this.

Little known fact: It was on the Playstation as well as PC. Hopefully, a good developer (not EA) will buy the rights to it and make it multiplat.

10 years ago? The original Populous came out in 1989! The PC/PS game wasn't nearly as classic as the original (or its spiritual successor, Powermonger).

And there was a recent update to Populous on DS which is due here soon (but is far more akin to the original than the 'remake' of a decade or so ago).

Words Of Wisdom said:

Commander Keen.

is id software still around? I think they are but can't name for the life of me anything they've put out recently... lol maybe Keen 3D will be released someday.. that would be awesome.