By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP2 Concept designs

Cool PSP2 concept designs

Sony just barely updated the PSP but designer Tai Chiem is already thinking about the next iteration. His design calls for a flexible OLED display that can be conveniently rolled. An electric charge powering the display stiffens it while providing near bezeless prime real estate for gaming. Stereo speakers on either side double as a jog wheel and camera control. He also envisages Sony finally implementing two joysticks. Pipe dream or not, it’s sexy and lives up to its name; it don’t get any more portable than this.

Designer: Tai Chiem

http://www.yankodesign.com/2008/10/16/psp-2-can-make-your-pocket-bulge-in-all-the-right-places/

Feel free to add

/************************************************/

Fanboy (sometimes spelled fanboi) is a term used to describe an individual who is devoted to a single subject in a fanatical manner, or to a single point of view within that subject, often to the point where it is considered an obsession. Fanboys remain loyal to their particular obsession.

Prediction: PS3 will have 25 percent of the nextgen console market be end

of the year i.e. till 31st dec 2008

Around the Network

I actually love this paperoll design

very innovative!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Not gunna lie....that looks totally awesome...but that would kill your hands..need to make it more ergonomic

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Holy shit that looks awesome!

I can't wait to get newspapers, magazines and books in that format. They will have to work on ergonomics to be honest though.

Around the Network

Hmmm, no. It's portable, yeah, but I wouldn't want to have a 20 cm long tube in my pocket. One is enough (see what I did there?).

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

OLED screens are flexible, but not that flexible... plus its not something you'd want to do to the screen on a regular basis.

That looks fantastic......but will it be practical?

Pretty cool. I like it. But I wonder if I could get used to the feel of the controls....

Either way, I like the concept.

4 ≈ One

I think it would hurt to play on that.

^_^