By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts, Week 42: Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 takes the crown

Squilliam said:
DOATS1 said:
Squilliam said:
Halo 3 software numbers are a good indication of the hardware numbers the Xbox 360 pulls. So expect a boost for Xbox 360 sales this week.

it could be that or the fact that halo 3 is being bundled everwhere with the arcade version now.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Wow Pes 09 ps3 version did great, didnt expect it to move more than 360 version in UK.

:O Wii Fit is a monster, still selling 50 - 70k weekly. It won't stop anytime soon.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Bioshock bombed.

Aside from all the soccer games releasing not much has changed in the charts eh.

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
Bioshock bombed.

Not really... i think nobody is expecting BioShock to shock the world...

With around 100 - 150k launch week, i think most of the ppl expect it to do like 500 - 700k.. which it should achieve with the help of x-mas boast..

I LOVE GIGGS said:
Fifa is better than PES this year
Fifa is better than PES for the first time

I think konami should do something ..

For the forth time you mean. FIFA98 , FIFA99, FIFA08, FIFA09, all those fifas were better from the competition...

edit: FIFA is very close to be an AAA title for XBOX360...

DOATS1 said:
what the hell? 360 got exclusive advertising for pes 2009. plus with the install base at double the ps3's in the uk, this comes at a huge surprise. ironically, fifa 09 got exclusive advertising on ps3 but sold better on 360.

PES is a brand name connected with the whole history of Playstation, thats why...

wow, I didn't know PES and FIFA PC sales were so low in the UK. PES 2009 (PC) should have sold better than FIFA though :(

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Amazing there are 3 X360 and 3 PS3 games in the Top-10.

Also, it's a very good opening for Saints Row 2....Regardless of what anyone is arguing - especially the X360 version (why didn't PS3 open well considering GTAIV?).

According to VGC, Saints Row 1 only managed 650,000 units worldwide in PAL territories. SR2 on the X360 alone is at 10% of that LTD total in just 1 territory - which is great. That'd point to around 150,000 first week in PAL for the X360 version, and maybe 60,000-70,000 for the PS3 version.

So it's likely that SR2 will eclipse SR1 numbers in short order - Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the PS3 version rivaled SR1 numbers in PAL territories.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.