By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - A new PSP and a new lie ?

New, more power efficient System!
New, shorter lasting battery!
Same original effect but upgradeable if you like lumpy systems!

Still pretty much a nice middle finger, but I've never in my history had a battery issue with handhelds, how often are you 5+ hours without a charger running games constantly?. Not an issue for those who look into their systems, but to your average person, being sold on a longer battery life then being given the exact same battery life... well, that's where the middle finger comes in now doesn't it?

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

5 hours is ok if you remember to recharge all the time. I always wind up forgetting and leaving my DS in the bag, but it's not an issue because the battery life is so long. If the life were only 5 hours, I would probably run out of juice all the time.

I heard that Sony added an extra 32MB in the system which adds to the system now having 64MB of ram..."Sony has doubled the built-in memory from 32MB to 64MB, and the new PSP will also be able to speed up game load times by storing UMD data in temporary memory. The new PSP will also be able to recharge over the USB data connection." quoted from Gamespot.com

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6173974/index.html?tag=topslot;title;1

Fuzzmosis said:

Still pretty much a nice middle finger, but I've never in my history had a battery issue with handhelds, how often are you 5+ hours without a charger running games constantly?. Not an issue for those who look into their systems, but to your average person, being sold on a longer battery life then being given the exact same battery life... well, that's where the middle finger comes in now doesn't it?

What really comes to mind is you have no clue what you are posting about.  New PSP lasts longer then old PSP, your rant is pointless unless your original plan was a troll.

Already discussed in length in this thread.

In short, I completely agree that this is pretty much a huge middle finger in the face of customers. It's not so much a lie, just really twisting information.

-edit-
Oh God, how did I make it in someone's sig?  I generally try to be as un-witty as possibly to avoid just that situation.  -_-

Around the Network

The PSP was a great idea that Sony never really seemed fully committed to from the start. Their chance to make it shine was during the glory days of the PS2 which they strangely opted not to, however now that Sony is in the turmoil of the PS3, their chances of salvaging the PSP's image are almost nill.

TheFogOfWar said:
Fuzzmosis said:

What really comes to mind is you have no clue what you are posting about. New PSP lasts longer then old PSP, your rant is pointless unless your original plan was a troll.

you seem so sure of yourself. Where's your proof that the new PSP battery lasts longer than the old PSP battery? That's right, you have none. No one (except Sony) knows because it hasn't been released yet.

So stop pulling shit out your arse, claiming other people have no idea when you clearly don't either, and telling people they're trolling. When the PSP slim is released and their battery lives compared, we can tell, but for now, it seems that the new and old PSP have around the same battery life. 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq said:
TheFogOfWar said:
Fuzzmosis said:

What really comes to mind is you have no clue what you are posting about. New PSP lasts longer then old PSP, your rant is pointless unless your original plan was a troll.

you seem so sure of yourself. Where's your proof that the new PSP battery lasts longer than the old PSP battery? That's right, you have none. No one (except Sony) knows because it hasn't been released yet.

So stop pulling shit out your arse, claiming other people have no idea when you clearly don't either, and telling people they're trolling. When the PSP slim is released and their battery lives compared, we can tell, but for now, it seems that the new and old PSP have around the same battery life.

Technically, the PSP slim does last longer than the old PSP with the old battery, the problem is that they supply the PSP slim with a smaller battery that gives you the same battery life as the original PSP. If you want that extended battery life, you're going to have to buy another battery and seperate cover and have to deal with the weight (thus eliminating the purpose of the redesign the need for the smaller sized battery).  As a special slap in the face, you also have to deal with that added weight not being balanced.  

Sony sure does love its customers.  I'm expecting an Anthrax Edition PS3 next year. 

twesterm said:
omgwtfbbq said:
TheFogOfWar said:
Fuzzmosis said:

Technically, the PSP slim does last longer than the old PSP with the old battery, the problem is that they supply the PSP slim with a smaller battery that gives you the same battery life as the original PSP. If you want that extended battery life, you're going to have to buy another battery and seperate cover and have to deal with the weight (thus eliminating the purpose of the redesign the need for the smaller sized battery). As a special slap in the face, you also have to deal with that added weight not being balanced.

Sony sure does love its customers. I'm expecting an Anthrax Edition PS3 next year.

Yes I know.

In other words, the PSP slim does not have increased battery lfe over the original PSP. 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq said:
twesterm said:
omgwtfbbq said:
TheFogOfWar said:
Fuzzmosis said:

Technically, the PSP slim does last longer than the old PSP with the old battery, the problem is that they supply the PSP slim with a smaller battery that gives you the same battery life as the original PSP. If you want that extended battery life, you're going to have to buy another battery and seperate cover and have to deal with the weight (thus eliminating the purpose of the redesign the need for the smaller sized battery). As a special slap in the face, you also have to deal with that added weight not being balanced.

Sony sure does love its customers. I'm expecting an Anthrax Edition PS3 next year.

Yes I know.

In other words, the PSP slim does not have increased battery lfe over the original PSP.*

*Only if you buy another battery and negate the redesign.