By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I didn't fall in love with LittleBigPlanet...

DMeisterJ said:
CAL4M1TY said:
DMeisterJ said:
I'm extremely excited for this game.

You are alone in this TruckOSaurus. Metacritic agrees with me too.

If you're not excited about LBP, you're a fake gamer.

Coming from a guy that's a fanboy of a console he's never owned, and thus doesn't know anything about it's good and bad points first hand.

You're entitled to your opinion Trucko, I certainly feel the opposite (i didn't sign up for the beta because I wanted the full game on first play) but you're not wrong.

Overhyped it is, but that's what alot of this generation is about really.

Inside Joke is inside, Calamity.

lol.

It's a joke from RubangB's review of Brawl.

I flamed the crap out of you when you posted that on another thread, lol. Maybe it's not the best idea to go posting that around.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Its a quazi 2d platformer, not caring for the game probably puts you in with the majority of gamers out there.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Your the only one...

seriously it looks very uninspiring to me...

especially since every review says:
"plan shifting is really enoying.... but it doesn't matter 9.5/10"
that is a biased comment if I ever saw one....and you can bet your ass that the 9.5 is just there so we don't have an other GTA polemic on scores....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Honestly... it was very very disappointing... :(

Around the Network

Sold me on it, I was on the fence. Then again, I never hyped myself up for the best game ever like most others.

Haven't played it but seriously would not buy a PS3 for this especially now im hearing actual user opinions. MGS4 another story

Why do these professional reviewers not give reviews with honest opinion? Why the 6.1 user av. verses 9.5 for prof. on Metacritic.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I think a lot of people will end up disappointed by this game primarily because their expectations were too high. When people first started to hype Little Big Planet I was reminded of people's initial reaction to Black & White  ... When people start expecting too much from a videogame based on the hype surrounding the game it tends to end in disapointment regardless of how good the game really is.

"Why do these professional reviewers not give reviews with honest opinion? Why the 6.1 user av. verses 9.5 for prof. on Metacritic."

Because all the xheads are the ones lowering its user score since they know its better than Fable 2 and probably also better than Gears 2. Speaking of Gears of War, I never really liked that American footballer rehash of every other game on the original xbox with a dash of RE4 thrown in that much either.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

megaman79 said:
Haven't played it but seriously would not buy a PS3 for this especially now im hearing actual user opinions. MGS4 another story

Why do these professional reviewers not give reviews with honest opinion? Why the 6.1 user av. verses 9.5 for prof. on Metacritic.

doesn't it strike you as suspicious that a game that isn't even out yet has 1800+ "user reviews" yet other games like mario galaxy, twilight princess and gears of war have well under 1000 "user reviews" despite actually being out for 1-2 years?

infact, if you scroll to the bottom of LBP's metacritic page, a staff member from says something about it.

"Marc Doyle, Games Editor: My advice for our faithful users is to focus your attention on the Metascore for this game and not the thousands of user votes, most of which have been submitted before said users have played the game. This is a gaming community, and if people want to stuff the ballot box, there's not much I can do at this point. When we upgrade the registration requirements for participation on the site in the near future, this type of thing won't happen. We'll post the full legitimate user reviews upon the game's release. As always, thanks for using the site."

does that explain the difference in scores well enough?

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka