By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Konami in denial again ...

Onyxmeth said:
Sephiroth357 said:
Onyxmeth said:
invisible29 said:
It will NEVER come out Xbox360. IMO

That makes sense.

Fixed, but NEVER is a harsh word to use. After all it will bring the MS fans down.

You don't get what I was trying to say. IMO means "in my opinion". Now I'm pretty sure we've established that opinions are never wrong. They are different ways of looking at something that does not have a factual answer. invisible29 said "it will NEVER come out Xbox 360" and considered that to be an opinion. If it does come out, she's wrong. So how can she have an opinion on the subject? What she did was guessed. Guessing and opinions are not the same thing.

I've had many discussions with you. So, fear not I know exactly what you meant, before you explained it in detail. Sometimes, I post for no reason. Take this as an example.

Around the Network
Groucho said:

Let me make this a little clearer for those who aren't familiar with porting games.

MGS4 was developed for like... 4 years straight (5?) as a PS3 exclusive. It's engine is written so close to the hardware as to be essentially inseparable without extreme engineering expense.

Re-engineering such a title would probably cost Konami over 5 million dollars (in dev costs alone -- and then it would have to be re-advertized, manufactured in 6-DVD sets, etc.), over as long as a couple years.

A 360 port? Anything is possible. Profitable? Probably not... not even close. Don't get your hopes up.

On top of that, Konami has something of an old-school Japan sense of business.. I dunno what to call it... honor?  Not necessarily good for profit, but they are very into keeping their word, and not upsetting their business associates.  If there is some sort of exclusivity deal with Sony, Konami isn't going to be looking for loopholes to break that deal.

If what you state above is true then I would agree komani will only due it if it going to make money.  About the honor thing if there is an official deal I again agree thet wont try to break it , if there is no deal then all bet are off because it is the JOB of a buisness to MAKE MONEY for its shareholders. 

The rumors on this one keep flying from different sources so I think the chances are slim but there we will have to wait and see

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Perhaps they are saying this because.... It's not in the works for 360....

4 ≈ One

Do 360 fans really WANT MGS4? I mean, you think about your typical frathouse halo teabaggers, and I just don't see them getting past the first cutscene.
Christ it's a joke, shut up
Heck, I don't expect them to get past the cover "who the F*** is this old dude?"

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

He was misquoted, just like kojima was misquoted when he said "the cell was maxed out" which he laughed at, saying that the american media love to talk trash.

mM
Around the Network
Grey Acumen said:

Do 360 fans really WANT MGS4? I mean, you think about your typical frathouse halo teabaggers, and I just don't see them getting past the first cutscene.
Heck, I don't expect them to get past the cover "who the F*** is this old dude?"

IMO, from what I see, NO. They just want it available on their system since it's a big game for the PS3, and questionably one of the best so far this gen.

4 ≈ One

Grey Acumen said:

Yeah actually we do....I know who the old dude is I played MGS the first one

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

highlighting text, for the win!

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Grey Acumen said:
highlighting text, for the win!

Not a funny joke but you want to think you won enjoy