By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Konami in denial again ...

Don't know if it as been posted already  :

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/55389

"Konami, in yet again denying rumors that Kojima Productions' Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) is in the works for the Xbox 360, made a quote from its PR man disappear in the night.

The persistent rumor popped up again after Konami PR rep Yoshitaka Arai told the Japanese branch of investment firm Morningstar, "we are investigating releasing a 360 version." But GameCyte picked up that Japanese game blog my game news flash noticed that the story was quietly changed."

.... some say/feel it could have been changed due to a breach in the exclusivity contract.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network
Sardauk said:

"Konami, in yet again denying rumors that Kojima Productions' Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) is in the works for the Xbox 360, made a quote from its PR man disappear in the night.

The persistent rumor popped up again after Konami PR rep Yoshitaka Arai told the Japanese branch of investment firm Morningstar, "we are investigating releasing a 360 version." But GameCyte picked up that Japanese game blog my game news flash noticed that the story was quietly changed."

.... some say/feel it could have been changed due to a breach in the exclusivity contract.

LOL the representative was misquoted in the first place. Originally, the statement made my the Konami rep had absolutely nothing to do with MGS4. The original source simply corrected the misquote.

Seihyouken said:
Sardauk said:

LOL the representative was misquoted in the first place. Originally, the statement made my the Konami rep had absolutely nothing to do with MGS4. The original source simply corrected the misquote.

shacknews is late and making everything seem so much more than it is.

also wouldnt "360 fanboys in denial again" be a more suitable headline?

It will NEVER come out Xbox360. IMO

Never say never

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network
invisible29 said:
It will NEVER come out Xbox360. IMO

Thank you. Finally, a person that says it's their opinion, and not fact.

Personally, I think it will come to 360, the potential for profit is too large to ignore (after the timed exclusivity deal is over).

All hypothetical though.

So, when Konami is not supporting this claim or the 360, they are in denial.

actually...konami isnt denying what was said.
they wouldnt be looking into it if they were already making it

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Of course is a breach in the exclusivity contract,it`s a system seller and a AAA game. Sony paid for timed exclusivity just like MS did with many games,i don`t see nothing wrong with that. It`s a 3`rd party game,not 1 or 2. Konamy owns the IP,not Sony. I think is a 1 year timed exclusive,wich is good for Sony because they get Cristmass sales too.

And why don`t people want to share a AAA game with others? Why so much hate,when in 2009 not many people will care if MGS4 comes to 360,but people will buy it anyway? I don`t understand. And don`t say you want Halo,Gears,Mass Effect,Fable or other IP`s owned by MS,it`s not going to happen. MGS4 did it`s job,what more do you want?

Stan85 said:
Of course is a breach in the exclusivity contract,it`s a system seller and a AAA game. Sony paid for timed exclusivity just like MS did with many games,i don`t see nothing wrong with that. It`s a 3`rd party game,not 1 or 2. Konamy owns the IP,not Sony. I think is a 1 year timed exclusive,wich is good for Sony because they get Cristmass sales too.

And why don`t people want to share a AAA game with others? Why so much hate,when in 2009 not many people will care if MGS4 comes to 360,but people will buy it anyway? I don`t understand. And don`t say you want Halo,Gears,Mass Effect,Fable or other IP`s owned by MS,it`s not going to happen. MGS4 did it`s job,what more do you want?

link plz?

i hope all the games come multi but not this one because the people who bought the ps3 just for this game will end up being sad and i don't like seeing people sad