By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Some general truth's I've discovered as a Ninty fan.

@ that pic ....hahah god damn,so thats what shrooms does to you after awhile .

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
@izaaz101: Lol now I understand why Peach don't want Mario.

But look at her stroking his large shoulders.......that's gotta be love!

SmokedHostage said:
Naum said:
the thing is most of those who says Nintendo consoles are kiddy are in fact the "kiddy" ones age 13-19.

That's teen through adults. "Kiddies" are 12 and under.

Its a moving target. The older you get, the older you think someone can be and still be a kiddie. RIght now I tend to think of everyone under 21 as a kiddie; 22 through 25 is a grey zone - some are kiddies, some aren't.

Good post. Though I'm not sure if #6 is going to come true this gen. Mario has been replaced by Mii.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Yoshi Story classic game on N64 but lost it recently!

SSBB Code: 5327-2374-8112

MKWii Code : 3780-9266-6102

CoD WaW Code: 1376-1190-5157

Around the Network

Yoshi's Story was easy but really awesome, so nobody be dissin ma yoshi.
Also windwaker was the most zelda game i was in touch with.

Most in touch with zelda for me was twilight princess. great game and deserves 5 mil sales on Wii.

SSBB Code: 5327-2374-8112

MKWii Code : 3780-9266-6102

CoD WaW Code: 1376-1190-5157

Well it's also Nintendo's business plan they want to appeal to everyone, if you appeal to the "kiddie" crowd you actually appeal to the young and the old crowd, if you're "mature" you generally appeal to the preteen to 28 year old, but the "kiddie" games are actually a lot more grown up and mature then the M rated games as most M rated games are made to appeal to the immature people that play video games.

The thing that MS and Sony don't seem to realize is appealing to the "mature" crowd means that these people eventually grow up, have families, and put down their controllers for good, so that means no more money from that customer, Nintendo appeals to the old and young crowds which means they have a constant flow of customers.

If you don't bring young people into a business market that market eventually crashes, a lot like how the comic book market crashed in the 90s cause all of its comics appealed to the "mature" crowd it never tried to appeal to the younger people and therefore never brought new blood into the market and the "mature" fans eventually grew up and stopped buying comic books, what happened then? The comic book industry almost died, so appealing to a "mature" crowd may please your general audience but they won't always be your general audience and you've got to get the young people into the market to survive as a business.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Well it's also Nintendo's business plan they want to appeal to everyone, if you appeal to the "kiddie" crowd you actually appeal to the young and the old crowd, if you're "mature" you generally appeal to the preteen to 28 year old, but the "kiddie" games are actually a lot more grown up and mature then the M rated games as most M rated games are made to appeal to the immature people that play video games.

The thing that MS and Sony don't seem to realize is appealing to the "mature" crowd means that these people eventually grow up, have families, and put down their controllers for good, so that means no more money from that customer, Nintendo appeals to the old and young crowds which means they have a constant flow of customers.

If you don't bring young people into a business market that market eventually crashes, a lot like how the comic book market crashed in the 90s cause all of its comics appealed to the "mature" crowd it never tried to appeal to the younger people and therefore never brought new blood into the market and the "mature" fans eventually grew up and stopped buying comic books, what happened then? The comic book industry almost died, so appealing to a "mature" crowd may please your general audience but they won't always be your general audience and you've got to get the young people into the market to survive as a business.

Overthinker?

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Overthinker?

No, while that wasn't as clear as it could have been, the main point he was trying to make is fairly spot on