By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which will end up doing better? Crisis Core or Crystal Bearers?

Which game do you think will do better in sales and which game will just be better overall

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

Around the Network

crisis core,
over 30 million psp's by that time vs
12 million wii's by that time, more sales will come out from the psp game.

mM

Crisis Core would definitely have some advantages, being based off of a main franchise game as well as a larger install base, but there are some other factors to consider :

1) PSP's erratic software sales
2) How good each game is
3) How many fans were "burned" on the other FF7 spin-off games
4) The Wii is the "hot console" right now (and probably when these two are released), and any big games for it may grab more attention for it than other platforms games at the time

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Crystal Bearers IMO, as for Crisis Core I don't know too many FF fans still excited about FF7 spin-offs after being burned without fail before. PSP has terrible software sales in contrast to Hardware sales too, though there is no arguing the game would still do well.

FF + Wii = Sure thing

FF + PSP = results may vary

I think its going to be Crystal Bearers, The Wii is a run away hit and Crystal Bearers looks more like a standard Final Fantasy game then the pervious Crystal Chronicles. Could be Squares way of testing the waters to bring the numbered Final Fantasy games over to the Wii.

The PSP Final Fantasy games haven't really done all that great. Sure they have been ports but still you would think the Final Fantasy fan base would be jumping all over them. also as vanguardian1 and LeroyBrown mentioned after the last Final Fantasy VII spin-off I don't think a lot of people are going to jump on to another right away.

Also, I don't think this is going to be much of a issue but how much fire power is left in the FFVII series? I know a lot of people who are really starting to get burnt out on it and wish Square would just stop milking it.

Currently playing:
Wii: MySims | Xbox360: Halo3 / Pac-Man C.E | DS: Scurge | PSP: Ghost in the Shell

"Lesbians, Better then eMail."
~Lanky Man - My Big Fat Independent Movie

Around the Network

If I remember there was only one spin-off game. Plus this game is gunna be big. If MH2 sold over 1 million in its first month then I expect FF7 to sell around 1 million in its first 2-4 weeks. So FF7!

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Currently playing:
Wii: MySims | Xbox360: Halo3 / Pac-Man C.E | DS: Scurge | PSP: Ghost in the Shell

"Lesbians, Better then eMail."
~Lanky Man - My Big Fat Independent Movie

CapAmerica said:

Well I ment a console release not mobile phone. Is Moble Phone games even popular?

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

They're both going to be good games, so I don't care which does better...they're in separate leagues anyway.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Definitely Crisis Core.