By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

1.Games ,after burning myself last generation with the Xbox and Cube (that had great games but missed many games too) I decided to bet on the machine that would get it all .And so far ,so good ....maybe some former arent  exclusive anymore but I am not missing nor will miss any game I want .The PS3 lineup is right now brilliant ...Bioshock ,Wipeout HD ,Little Big Planet ,Warhawk ,Socom Confrontation ,Devil May Cry 4,Metal Gear Solid 4,Buzz ,Singstar ,Race Driver GRID ,Siren Blood Curse ,Dead Space ,Eternal Sonata ,Valkyrie of the Battlefield ,Disgaea 3 ,Uncharted ,Ratchet and Clank ,Resistence ,Gran Turismo 5 Prologue ,GTA IV ,Saints Rows 2 ,Condemned 2 ,Unreal 3 ,Call of Duty 4 ,Burnout Paradise ,Everybodys Golf ,Madden ,Tiger Woods ,NBA 2K ,NHL 09 ,Heavenly Sword ,The Orange Box, Ninja Gaiden Sigma ,Oblivion ,Fallout 3 ,Far Cry 2 ,Colin Mc Rae DIRT ,Assasins Creed ,GRAW 2 ,Rainbow Six Vegas,Eye of Judgement ,Folklore ,Civilization Revolution ,all the PSN games ....its has games for everybody really and already a top notch lineup .

2.Blu Ray .I have a 1080p 42 inches TV ...time to start feeding it some real HD content .

3.Wifi .I have the living room very far apart from my computer and router ...it was no question of putting a wire through all the house .

4.PS2 games .I didnt own a PS2 so I was missing some classics that were dirty cheap ...I now have some 12 Ps2 games between them gems as FFX ,FFXII ,Shadow of the Colossus ,God of War ,Dragon Quest VIII ,Star Ocean 3 ,Devil May Cry 3,Metal Gear 2 Sons of Liberty ,Metal Gear 3 Snake Eater ...etc .

5.My girlfriend wanted one ...for Buzz and Singstar mainly .

6.Free online .I wont ever pay for playing online ...its a question of principles.MS may have all the plans they want about making everybody pass through the cash registrer because their precious Live but if the PSN could provede a competitive online gaming for free I knew I would support that 100%.And so far it has more than delivered .

Around the Network

I bought it because of the great time I had with the ps1 and 2. But even more so because it gives me basically all I want in the box(High def movie player and HD gaming).
Also doesn't hurt that Sony has a good record of supporting their consoles for a decade :)

because I ile playstation games more than nintendo or ms games....not into mario supersmash bros halo etc...

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

well let me see

best Disk medium
Best multimedia functionality
Best Online
Best exclusives
Best first party developers
Best controller
Best brand name
BEST GRAPHICS.

and thats about it really and oh yh

BEST LOOKING CONSOLE BY MILES. it looks sexy next to my HDTV.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

erm no other reason i can think of at the moment, it is the perfect console for me.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

I got a PS3 for the same reason I have bought every Playstation to date. It is the brand with the widest portfolio of Exclusive games available. Sony has a First Party studio twice the size of Nintendo and Microsoft combined, and they have the most open minded game development of all the consoles. Playstation has been the brand that broght all of the newest genres to fame, and it is due to Sony not turning down ideas which Microsoft and Nintendo turn a cold shoulder to.

The has already been the best value, and most exiting system I have ever owned and it have not even had it for 2 full years. For a person that likes movies, games, web communities, art, music, and the digital future, the PS3 is the only thing on the market that brings it all to your tv. Sure you could hook up a complicated PC tower to your TV, and use 10 differant services to match the software experiance. To me that is a confusing mess. I much perfer the streamlined way PSN works, along with the option for linux for a better than PC experiance.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Because its the greatest console, free online, best 1st party games,s reliability and its build like a tank and looks very nice!!!

anyone not agree with me let me know asap, my soldiers are hungry for prey!!!

ps3 is the greatest console TRUST ME!!!

masterchunglee said:
The Fury said:
I wanted one.

but why did you want one

Valid question I guess. I did just answerr your original question just without giving reasons but...I have had a PS1 and PS2 so got myself a PAL B/C 60gb to replace my PS2, Free networking and online gaming if I wanted, DVD player, Blu-ray player and most importantly, it's the machine with the games I wanted on it.

Hmm, pie.

Exclusives, Features, And my fav brand ever sense Sega died.... actually b4, and now it's my only option.

Don't like the Wii much
Don't like MS, or the 360 much.

I have a DS though.

4 ≈ One

playstation fanboy (not the ignorant, trash talking type)