By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Poor Develop Bioshock PS3 needs to be Patched

BioShock for the PlayStation 3 is getting a patch to fix some graphics issues, according to a post on the 2K Forums. Following the release of the demo, there was concern among the community over some of the textures, particularly on the Big Daddies. Community manager Elizabeth has confirmed that the "Bouncer" and "Elite Bouncer" variants of Big Daddies will be patched to eliminate the large, blocky pixels that are visible. In addition, the white/discolored bars during the opening plane crash sequence will be fixed as well. The new screenshots (above) show off the fixed Daddies to put minds at ease. Unfortunately, these fixes won't be coming until after the game has launched next week, and there's no date set. Early adopters will still have to suffer through boxy Daddies until the patch is live.

Around the Network

patch shouldnt be to long.

the game has tunred out great, and when the new chamber rooms add on is released it will breath new life into the game.

£29.99 buy it now!

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

@Skeeuk
you are right!!
i just feel a little disappoint, why don't they fix every thing before it release =="

In case anyone is wondering why the developers don't patch the game pre-release -> its because the game was gold when the demo was released and they only discovered these problems after people complained about them.

We should be grateful that they fixing these problems since it would of been easy for the devs to ignore them...

This is the 3rd console game that is being shipped needing a patch (Fable 2, Little Big Planet) This is the one thing that turned people away from PC gaming. I just HOPE this is not a trend.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Around the Network

I seem to recall the 360 version getting a week 1 patch and then another patch a few months later. I would like to know if the framerate issues that the unpatched 360 version had are in the PS3 version?

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

senortaco said:
This is the 3rd console game that is being shipped needing a patch (Fable 2, Little Big Planet) This is the one thing that turned people away from PC gaming. I just HOPE this is not a trend.

As soon as you give developers the ability to patch games, there is no incentive to miss a launch data to fix bugs.  Just ship it and patch it later.  Sadly, this will be a trend.

I just want to chime in that this is something minor, almost insignificant, and shouldn't stop you from buying and enjoying this gem, patch or not.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

I just want to chime in that this is something minor, almost insignificant, and shouldn't stop you from buying and enjoying this gem, patch or not.

Even with the graphics bug, it has a metacritic of 97%.  Must not have been a noticable bug to reviewers.

lol, since I haven't quite figured out how to double quote, @ WiiStation360 & Onyxmeth, I agreed.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?