By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Left 4 Dead Now Available for Pre-purchase on Steam! 10% off!

Strategyking92 said:
I guess mic use varies from game to game. I guess some games have less mic users because an in-game chat system is not there? so they have to use ventrillo or the like? I know I'm to lazy to check it out.

I don't know...the games I play the most (TF2, DoD, CS, COD4, soon to be L4D) all have ingame voice chat...a lot of the time people don't talk in COD4, I guess they're too busy showing off...TF2 and the rest people talk all the time....

If a game didn't have voice chat support though, yeah, people use Ventrilo or Teamspeak...that's usually for older games though.

Steam also has voice chat built in, so you can start any game at all, and start a voice chat session with people and you can talk while playing the game...that works great for older games as well.

Ventrilo I use more for personal group chat, like just casually talking with a group of friends online, perhaps carrying over into a videogame, sure.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )