By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If this does not make you fall in love with Wii music nothing will

Sky Render said:

the difficulty is based on natural human traits like balance and sense of rhythm instead of reflexes and rote memorization, 

Do you mean in regards to music or in general? I'm pretty sure memorization and reflexes are also natural human traits. Also what do you mean by balance?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

I wasn't implying that memorization and reflexes are not natural human traits, I was implying that balance and sense of rhythm are natural human traits; sorry for the confusion. Anyway, most games have removed the human aspect of the former two in the process of implementing them.

As for what I mean by balance, though it applies quite heavily to Wii Fit, it also applies to some degree in the rest of the Wii series, too. Those without a proper sense of balance tend to have a harder time with the Wii games, and are more prone to stumbling, messing up a play, or not being in sync with the game in general. Balance and sense of rhythm are related in that last category, of course.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

wow the E3 presentation looks so dumb..... not explaining the mecanics means you can't understand why they have fun....
the new pres was just explaination and thus not loads of fun.

I'm still skeptical about how much control you really have on the sound, but this video has shown it's at least good up to 10 years old... need to see the sophistication of it for higher age ranges though....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Hmm, well I must say I was pleasantly surprised by that video. :) And I wasn't expecting that.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Music for noobs. A t least GH/RB have the competition angle going for them.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Music for noobs. A t least GH/RB have the competition angle going for them.

It was especially funny watching that noob Cassamassina try to make music.

If you suck, Wii Music will not be able to cover for you. Matt should stick to games with only a few instruments and only one way to play a track. They're dumbed down enough that people like him can understand it.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Moar impression ramuji please

Probably I'll buy it day one.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

@jayderoo - Because Nintendo games seldomly disappoint! I was doubtful about Nintendogs and yeah sure I stopped playing it two months later but I can appreciate it's ingenuity and hidden depth.

I still think Nintendo are the most creative and freaking awesome developer out there and have I brought a heck of a lot of their games and enjoyed them so that's why I almost feel bad for not being interested in Wii Music! Though as I stop to think of the money the Big N is making right now and I'm sure they will do just fine...even with Wii Music!

Wii - 3810 4459 0841 8442 - (Message me to add me)

360 - LuminalACE

PS3 - AUS-ACE

that was a pretty cool demo, unlike some others ive seen of this game.
seems like it would be a cool game for people who are just looking to mess around (which of course is what they were aiming for).  imo theres no fun in playing these rhythm games unless theres a skill you can build up over time... it looks like you can master any instrument in 5 minutes.  i could be wrong though.

Why do youtube videos not work for me half the time when i use firefox?
Like, it works for 2sec & then stops, is anyone else having this problem?