By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Demon's Souls preview by PS3Fanboy...Ouch

LOL MATURE said:
Groucho said:
A preview from a game that is 65% complete? Usually games at about 50% complete are mostly solid color blocky levels and some rudimentary characters. I'm surprised From would even show this game as early as 65%. Most companies don't even show a screenshot from a game under 75% done.

well the game is still a year off so I dont doubt the 65% thing... but where did you get the number from?

Its in the OP.

Around the Network
Xen said:
Groucho said:
A preview from a game that is 65% complete? Usually games at about 50% complete are mostly solid color blocky levels and some rudimentary characters. I'm surprised From would even show this game as early as 65%. Most companies don't even show a screenshot from a game under 75% done.

Exactly. 65% is what, an Alpha version? you don't judge a game by an alpha.

it would be pre-alpha.

@groucho - I didn't read the OP because i knew it was nowhere from being completed, so i was gonna take someones opinon.

LOL MATURE said:
Groucho said:

well the game is still a year off so I dont doubt the 65% thing... but where did you get the number from?

Yeah it mentions there being 35% more to go.

I just don't get this at all. I thought Sony was going to start showing games closer to release. Almost everytime they announce a game it has the smell of desperation. It looked like they were making headway when Resistance 2 and Motorstorm 2 both got announced under 12 months to release. Then it's back to the same old with God of War III, MAG and now this game. I just don't know why they feel so pressured into having to release these trailers and footage that are either months or even a year early.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I hoped it'd be more of a JRPG though.. the PS3... is lacking these. Sure, we have WKC, but we need more.

@ Onyx

Is Sony Publishing the game? If not, there's no reason to blame them for the game being announced.

OT:

It's From Software, what do you expect?

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
@ Onyx

Is Sony Publishing the game? If not, there's no reason to blame them for the game being announced.

OT:

Armored Core is very good.

Xen said:
DMeisterJ said:
@ Onyx

OT:

Armored Core is very good.

Am sure the game will improve.

4 ≈ One

Onyxmeth said:
LOL MATURE said:
Groucho said:

Yeah it mentions there being 35% more to go.

I just don't get this at all. I thought Sony was going to start showing games closer to release. Almost everytime they announce a game it has the smell of desperation. It looked like they were making headway when Resistance 2 and Motorstorm 2 both got announced under 12 months to release. Then it's back to the same old with God of War III, MAG and now this game. I just don't know why they feel so pressured into having to release these trailers and footage that are either months or even a year early.

those are for 2009, right? this is defintely not the same old

DMeisterJ said:
@ Onyx

OT:

I thought they were, but if Sony isn't the publisher then I take back what I said and simply say "Shame on you From Software".

@blackstar-Unless GOWIII and MAG come out by July of 2009, it will be over 12 months since their unveiling. Frankly I'm not convinced either one will make 2009, because they were both teaser trailers. That is usually a smoke screen when there isn't much else to show. Look at Killzone 2, Alan Wake, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Final Fantasy XIII, and many more.

I like the 10 months from unveiling to release that Gears of War 2 and Resistance 2 have gotten. Neither is suffering from lack of hype and we don't have to wait FOREVER to finally play them. These are major releases, two of the biggest, with under one year of hype and they are doing fine. Who would want to go back to 12+ months to over 3 years?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.