By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
kirby007 said:
RolStoppable said:
The Wii did okay this week, so I don't have to come up with damage control like last week.

this is all in anticiaption of wii music

I don't see how that makes sense. There's 2 weeks untill Wii Music is released. What Nintendo normally do, is have low sales for 2 weeks (well, 1-3 really), and then 1 huge week. This makes all the buyers pick up Wii Music too.

These sales, are in fact low in comparison to what you can expect to happen from Wii Music launch and out (not because of Wii Music though, but I expect Wii to > DS in Americas for 2nd half of October and November.

Unless I misunderstood you.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

Wow at Wii sales!!! It shows that sales of the past weeks were due to supply issue.

Oyvoyvoyv said:
illuminatus said:
Wii+360+PS3:

America: 197.245+77.336+53434 = 328.015
Japan: 21.647+7.124+5.900 = 34.671
Others: 145.459+66.637+66.386 = 278.482

Japan is 5.7 percent of the world market.

Well, for this week and consoles only, it is. If you add handhelds, it ends at 7.2% or something.

For the year 2008 this far.

Americas: 14.428M

Others:  12.272M

Japan:  3.164M

So for the year it is at 10.5% for consoles.

If you include handhelds.

Americas: 23.2M

Others: 25.7M

Japan:  8.4

So then it is 15%.

For handhelds alone it's at over 20%

But the point of my article was where Japan stands right now and not where it stood in the past.

Just go to this site:

http://www.stat.go.jp/english/data/handbook/c02cont.htm

and look at the population pyramid. You see that right now and even more in the future a helluva lot Japanese will retire. And that drives down the economy because the economy shrinks and the retirees must be paid by the remaining employees resulting in even lower console sales.

sega4life said:

*Looks around*    cricket....cricket...tumble weed...cricke

What happened to all the people that said PS3 was going to out sell XB360 this week in Japan and Others?

"Wait For (Others) Next Week", "Wait For (Japan) Next Week", "Wait For (America) Next Week"... Just Wait... and wait...and wait...ect

Sorry I couldn't help my self, I had to go through (50 threads and 1,000's of replies) of smack talk these past few weeks, I find it VERY FUNNY !!

I think the PS2 out selling the PS3 in Japan is bigger then the 360 right now.....

but hey, thats just my opinion..

First off:

CHILL THE FUCK OUT WITH THE ENTERS!

Second:

Last week

360:

170,641 (-7%)

Ps3

127,366 (+11%)

Difference - 43,275

This week

360:

Ps3:

Difference - 25,377

megaman79 said:
This is going to piss MS off big time. They dropped the price 3 weeks ago and look what happens.

And in the same week that the world had the greatest stock market drop ever.

I think Nintendo will be Wiimaking sales numbers till next march. Now i have to question that whole it won't get to 50 million theory b4 jan 1.

No need to question that, there is no chance they will have enough stock to make it.... at best the shipments won't pass 47 million, and unlikely pass 46 million.

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:
kirby007 said:
RolStoppable said:
The Wii did okay this week, so I don't have to come up with damage control like last week.

this is all in anticiaption of wii music

I don't see how that makes sense. There's 2 weeks untill Wii Music is released. What Nintendo normally do, is have low sales for 2 weeks (well, 1-3 really), and then 1 huge week. This makes all the buyers pick up Wii Music too.

These sales, are in fact low in comparison to what you can expect to happen from Wii Music launch and out (not because of Wii Music though, but I expect Wii to > DS in Americas for 2nd half of October and November.

Unless I misunderstood you.

I  excpect the impact of wii music too be unlike anything that exists

next week increase will be bigger, and after that the big bang will follow and casual will become bigger than core

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Good point illuminatus. I was just trying to add a bit extra perspective, I really agree with what you say.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Holy crap! Wii kills all.

wii owns!!!!!!!!!!

Good lord, now I want to see Wii Fit sales.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception