By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The Wii was a fad and then it became the standard.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network
starcraft said:
darthdevidem01 said:
I agree with your comments

360 only outsold PS3 25K this week WW

Two months ago you would never have thought those words would come out of your mouth.

Exactly.  The idea that 360 beat PS3 again worldwide is amazing considering what we all thought was coming after MGS4 momentum.  Even more amazing is that it's another week where the 360 beat PS3 worldwide AND in every region again.  The margins are getting smaller, for sure, compared to the past couple weeks, but who would have ever thought that we'd be discussing the fact that 360's lead in every region was slimming down.  

I mean, did anyone but the biggest 360 fanboy really think this would be happening right now?  MS deserves plenty of credit for this.  I amvery interested to see if NPD's back the numbers up tomorrow.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

heruamon said:
I'm not going to predict that Fable 2 will outsell LBP next week, but looking at Amazon (which btw, has consistently had PS3 bundles in the top 25, and 360's not), LBP is #3 on the list...and Fable 2 first at #6...but it's very deceiving, since Fable is sitting at #8 as well...so it's a matter of what's separating them, and there is no way to know that. My gut tells me Fable 2 is going to shock people, as it's been overlooked in the past couple of months, and rightfully so, as Fable didn't live up to the hype. I ALSO think Fable 2 is going to play VERY strongly overseas in Europe, and that might provide some surprises...i could be wrong, and fable 2 could falter and fail to reach the 3 million sales of the last game, but I doubt it.

Well if the vast majority of Pubgames players are pre-orders (why wouldn't they be?  who would buy it separate?), and the XBLA chartz here are anywhere close, it's going to debut over 250k just on preorders.  So total sales of 400k or more week one?  That's my guess.  

Can LBP as a new IP debut that high?  I'd be surprised.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

i dont think sony are evn thinking of dropping the price anymore! and why should they? the 360 is dirt cheap compared to the ps3 and its only a 25k difference, that not enough to really hurt ps3 and sony will wait. they will make up next year when they finally do cut the price and then you'll see real price cut effects! anyway the only way they will be forced to cut the price is if the 360 starts outselling by 50k or more weekly.

KatinJin said:
It's going to be a long hard road for the PS3 come November and beyond.

because its getting outsold 25k by a console half the price? you call that hard? think again. the whole of next year is going to be a long horrible road for microsoft because there is no big exclusives coming out for it. some people need to get real.

Around the Network
fastyxx said:
starcraft said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Two months ago you would never have thought those words would come out of your mouth.

Exactly.  The idea that 360 beat PS3 again worldwide is amazing considering what we all thought was coming after MGS4 momentum.  Even more amazing is that it's another week where the 360 beat PS3 worldwide AND in every region again.  The margins are getting smaller, for sure, compared to the past couple weeks, but who would have ever thought that we'd be discussing the fact that 360's lead in every region was slimming down.  

I mean, did anyone but the biggest 360 fanboy really think this would be happening right now?  MS deserves plenty of credit for this.  I amvery interested to see if NPD's back the numbers up tomorrow.

its also amazing that i can get a 360 for half the price of a ps3.

GTAIV08 said:
fastyxx said:
starcraft said:
darthdevidem01 said:

its also amazing that i can get a 360 for half the price of a ps3.

I'm not one to play forum nazi but there is an edit button where where you can edit your post and not have to submit a new one three times....

And it's always somewhat funny when PS3-supporters always bring up this argument now in sales threads.  The Pro is still the main selling SKU for the 360.  Yes the Arcade has increased it's percentage somewhat but most people still go for the $299 unit compared to the others.  Last I checked that wasn't "half the price" just yet.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
starcraft said:
darthdevidem01 said:

all joking aside starcraft, you have to admit that with that much of a low entry price, a 20k victory coming off a price cut boost isnt looking good for microsoft?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

it just shows they are desperate enough to make a price cut to make more sales. If it was so great, there won't need to be a pricecut, Praising about a pricecut is just sad. Good thing the Wii haven't made any pricecuts at all. Thats how great it is. $250 then.. $250 now.

fayewong said:
it just shows they are desperate enough to make a price cut to make more sales. If it was so great, there won't need to be a pricecut, Praising about a pricecut is just sad. Good thing the Wii haven't made any pricecuts at all. Thats how great it is. $250 then.. $250 now.

Wii was really the shocker of this generation, as they made a fun console that non-gamers could get into...sure it appeals to some gamers, but it's really the non-gamers driving up the demand  for the console.  Great move Nintendo, as PS and 360 when for the gamer and lost the general market to Wii.  The fact still remains...and you can use Force Unleashed as an example...what is their to compare?  If the stuff for Wii is what excites you as a gamer...go for it...it doesn't for me.  Now Lego Batman and Lego Indy...not much difference, but I don't play those games much.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder