By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - JAPAN UP!!! 360 > PS3 another week

Wow, both HD consoles need damage control. 360 should be flying off shleves at its current price, damn shame.

Around the Network

At this point, the PS3 is the Gamecube. And the 360 is a mild improvement over the original Xbox (at least when it comes to overall userbase). Either way, we're looking at two consoles with barely any impact on the Japanese market.

By the way, a tanking economy and a slow time of the year should produce some "meh" hardware sales. The fact that software sales are still decent is pretty encouraging.

sony need more rpgs for the japanese market.

Numbers are down, but 360 numbers continue to prove all the haters wrong. Keep it up MS, I think the JA public are starting to see all the work you are putting into the 360 in Japan.

If Microsoft small victories teaches humility to Sony and have them fix their glaring problems, then I say so be it. As it pains me to say, lets go Microsoft.

I'm just saying...

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
At this point, the PS3 is the Gamecube. And the 360 is a mild improvement over the original Xbox (at least when it comes to overall userbase). Either way, we're looking at two consoles with barely any impact on the Japanese market.

By the way, a tanking economy and a slow time of the year should produce some "meh" hardware sales. The fact that software sales are still decent is pretty encouraging.

Whoow, if this is how Gamecube sold most of the time it really tanked in Japan... It's almost impossible how few units it sold on a weekly basis... PS3 ought to top that! I love Gamecube but 5-6k a week?... That's just realy, really bad for a Japanese company in Japan! I seriously didn't know it did that bad back then!

THE NETHERLANDS

LBP or no LBP I predict PS3 will be back on second position in one or two weeks.

MontanaHatchet said:

I can't even imagine how many feelings you just hurt with that one.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

forget ps3 and 360, im surprised at the wii! it hasnt been that low ever has it? whats going on in japan.

StarcraftManiac said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Whoow, if this is how Gamecube sold most of the time it really tanked in Japan... It's almost impossible how few units it sold on a weekly basis... PS3 ought to top that! I love Gamecube but 5-6k a week?... That's just realy, really bad for a Japanese company in Japan! I seriously didn't know it did that bad back then!

The Gamecube often sold worse than the PS3, but it got bigger boosts upon releases of big Nintendo games.

Goddbless: Most likely, but sales wise, it's true.