By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kaz Hirai : it's important Sony does not allow Nintendo to 'run off alone`

Games are 'the most important thing' for PS3

Kaz Hirai says it's important Sony does not allow Nintendo to 'run off alone'.

Speaking to NBonline (translated by Kotaku), Sony Computer Entertainment head Kaz Hirai has stressed how important games are in the future of the PlayStation 3 - not so much that it's a Blu-ray player and other such non-gaming functionality.

"The thing that I did when I took over last year was to boast the appeal of games themselves... The main premise of the PS3 is video games. That's the absolutely most important thing that we cannot lose sight of," said Hirai.

The SCE CEO also expressed concern at the current market domination enjoyed by Nintendo, noting the platform holder "cannot allow Nintendo run off alone".

----------------------------------------------

good to hear it, the 2008 lineup looks very good and will only get better in 2009

my picks that i will deffo buy

• resistance 2
  • little big planet
  • socom confrontation
  • motorstorm 2
  • valkyere chronicles

plus plethora of multi plats make fall of 2008 very very good indeed.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

But i thought they were not competing with each other....at least that's the cheap excuse everyone uses...Oh, i see.........

It's just a cheap excuse (=

Well, start bringing the games!!!! God of War III is the only thing im really interested on for the Ps3.

Nintendo should be the least of their worries right now.

How about about establishing dominance in the HD market first. The PS3 sales in Japan have been floundering (well it is October) but it shouldn't be getting outsold by the PS2.

THINK SONY, THINK!! Geez........

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

u should worry about MS first

SaviorX said:
Nintendo should be the least of their worries right now.

How about about establishing dominance in the HD market first. The PS3 sales in Japan have been floundering (well it is October) but it shouldn't be getting outsold by the PS2.

THINK SONY, THINK!! Geez........

when is the new ps3 model released in Japan and LBP bundle?

Around the Network

^ October 30 i think

Maynard_Tool said:
^ October 30 i think

ouch , that's another 2 weeks of low sales

price cut confirmed?

haha "run off alone" another little kid reference. those crack me up.
I also like the word "deffo" i think we can all take a lesson from skeeuk and use that word more often.

why?^

edit: kyros