By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - De Blob or Warioland?

faquinteros said:

1. Which game would my mainly tetris and dr. mario and zack and wiki playing wife be more likely to also play?

2. Which game has the best replay value.

Neither one is particularly puzzle heavy. A lot of the hidden treasure in Wario Land does require a degree strategy and plotting to acquire, but I found actually performing what you've been planning is usually the challenge, not figuring it out. De Blob has bits that require thinking as well, but it's a lot less rigid in what will work.

I’d say Wario Land has more replay value, but that’s if you actually want to replay every level several times to find every hidden treasure, and finish every achievement-like unispiring goal such as beat the level without killing any enemies, or don’t fall in the water. I liked finding the treasure, but I got sick of the missions at 48% and just sent it back to GameFly. De Blobs secondary goals are consistent and more natural, and generally revolve on how much of any level did you finish completely. Each of the ten levels in De Blob also has two secondary linear missions, most of which are pretty cool.

Wario Land is definitely harder than the De Blob, but honestly I found it to be one of the turns off. It’s probably because I’m just getting less and less patient for those kinds of games, but It’s annoying to feel constantly punished for not being able to predict the future. If you want that kind of punishing hard as nails game, then Wario Land would be a better pick. De Blob has challenging moments, but in general most of the game is fairly forgiving, and you’re encouraged to just make a mess as much as you are to fight a revolution, so personally I had a lot more fun with it.

Around the Network

Wario land is my recomendation

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Wario Land... then da blob.

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

I went with de Blob. As cool as Wario Land looks, I chose new gameplay ideas over older ones.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Warioland will always be $50 and Nintendo will make games regardless if you buy it or not.

De Blob will drop in price but if it does not sell, there won't be any more games of that type.

I went with De Blob myself, because I also knew that I could pick up Warioland used later (which is what I did).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

Having bought and played both, I'd definitely recommend de Blob over Wario Land. de Blob has more to do, feels fresher and more original, has better music, and is just more fun.

Wario Land: Shake It! isn't a bad game. However, if you've ever played a 2D platformer before, it won't have a lot of novelty for you. The motion controls are OK but they are only moderately fun and usually end up making my arms tired.

I recently bought de Blob, and can tell you it is a lot of fun. I think your wife would be more likely to play this game. The time limits are pretty generous, and it is pretty fun to just go around trying to paint everything in the city. There are not really any puzzles, but sometimes you need to figure out how to get to where you need to go.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

axumblade said:
famousringo said:
I went with de Blob. As cool as Wario Land looks, I chose new gameplay ideas over older ones.

By "new gameplay" I hope you're referring to the object of the game and not controls cause honestly, the controls in Wario Land make it one of the most fun games on the Wii in my opinion. Of course, I still haven't gotten ahold of de Blob and probably won't WITHIN THE NEXT MONTH OR SO since I already have a list of games that I need to beat for the Wii. and PS3....and PSP.....and DS....and PS2...and Nintendo 64....and game boy....and to think I'm wasting all my time at college when I could be playing video games! e.e

Edit: Just pointing out that I'm going to buy it. Sorry I realized I seemed like I wasn't lol.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. ;)

It's a fair criticism of de Blob that it really doesn't take advantage of the Wii in any way. It could easily migrate over to the HD consoles without losing anything important from the experience. Well, smashing down on a dozen inkies feels pretty viscerally satisfying, I guess.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

de Blob is phenominal

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

I prefer Warioland.