By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Capcom: PS3 "Sluggish", PSP Underachieving

Lingyis said:
it's really more of a case of the DS overachieving than the PSP underachieving

No the PSP is indeed under achieving. You have to remember they arent talking hardware. They are talking software sold. Since thats all that matters to a third party. Hardware sales make Sony happy. 

Around the Network

This thread is humorous.

ssj12 said:
shams said:

1/ Said about 10x now - Konami are the last bastion of Sony. If they fall, its all over. Capcom, Namco/Bandai, Koei, Tecmo,SquareEnix - all gone

umm Square Enix is still with Sony. The major franchises like the FF## series is on the PS3. Square really isnt known for much more in America at least. They have DQ but thats more popular in Japan then Europe and America. And really DQ:S is one game, that doesnt mean that they wont make a DQ game for Sony.

As for the other companies:

Capcom - who cares.. havent really enjoyed any of their games since RE3, RE:UC looks like crap and plays even worse according to IGN. Wii Zapper FTL.

Namco Bandai - umm... who cares. The can stay on HD-DVD with their anime too. Let them lose money all they want. Me and thousands of others will download their animes anyways.

Tecmo - makes? if this is the one who makes Tekken.. Tekken 6 is PS3 only.

Koei - umm... Dynasty Warriors 6 is PS3 only.

Konami - never was very big in Japan. MGS4 = PS3 exclusive.

It doesn't matter what Sony wants. The reason the PS2 dominated, was that it got complete support from every developer - and every big title went to that platform.

Sony are becoming more isolated everyday. The "Tales of..." announcement is the perfect example of what is happening to the market.  Companies are dropping "loyalty", and moving towards "profitability".

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I do think it should be kept in mind:

It takes two to three YEARS to fully develop a game for the PS3. Many developers, much like the great fortune tellers ((read: analysts), all thought PS3 was a shoe in for first place thus holding the largest marketshare value.

So many of the games we are seeing being produced exclusively for the PS3 have been in production for quite some time. The companies aren't going to just toss away those -years- of work, simply due to the poor numbers on the PS3 account. They will push their product on PS3, and see how it fairs, with the most likely option of porting it to the 360, if PS3 numbers remain dead last, as to expand possible user base for their product.

The key issue is not what is in production, but rather, how many new things have been announced and have just started production? All of the financial news tells us that the vast majority of the third party developers are setting sail with the Wii.

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

StarcraftManiac said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Soriku said:
Haha? Anyway more Jap devs moving away from Sony it seems.

I'm sorry, Soriku, but you REALLY need to get your head out of your ass.

Well, Capcom is a big company, and I really think Sony needs to improve relations with them. Not only them, but Ubisoft and Take Two. Wow, they have a long way to go.

Also: Namco-Bandai, Atari and SQ-E have stated they are shifting resources to Nintendo consoles and Namco-Bandai cancelled 11 PS3 games a few months ago! So i guess that yes: Sony is a long way from home!

Source ?? 

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:
Diomedes1976 said:
StarcraftManiac said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Soriku said:

Well, Capcom is a big company, and I really think Sony needs to improve relations with them. Not only them, but Ubisoft and Take Two. Wow, they have a long way to go.

Also: Namco-Bandai, Atari and SQ-E have stated they are shifting resources to Nintendo consoles and Namco-Bandai cancelled 11 PS3 games a few months ago! So i guess that yes: Sony is a long way from home!

Please dont tell BS .Namco Bandai hasnt cancelled a single PS3 game .You are confounding it with Konami who was rumoured to have cancelled some PS3 games but finally didnt .

Ugh, so many falsehoods, so much hate. 

Diomedes, you're wrong. Most obviously, Namco recently canceled the PS3 version of Beautiful Katamari:

http://www.bitfood.com/?p=182

As for unnamed titles, this should be relevant:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=14502

Relevant text: "The VarietyAsiaOnline article continues by suggesting that Namco Bandai, Sega and Capcom will cut shipments of titles for Sony formats by 30 to 40 percent, with Capcom set to increase shipments by 81 percent to 4.7 million units."

In the future, Diomedes, please don't tell people they are "BSing," especially when they are right, and you are wrong.  

Thanks for the back-up ...

THE NETHERLANDS

Bodhesatva said:
Diomedes1976 said:
StarcraftManiac said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Soriku said:

Please dont tell BS .Namco Bandai hasnt cancelled a single PS3 game .You are confounding it with Konami who was rumoured to have cancelled some PS3 games but finally didnt .

Ugh, so many falsehoods, so much hate. 

Diomedes, you're wrong. Most obviously, Namco recently canceled the PS3 version of Beautiful Katamari:

http://www.bitfood.com/?p=182

As for unnamed titles, this should be relevant:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=14502

Relevant text: "The VarietyAsiaOnline article continues by suggesting that Namco Bandai, Sega and Capcom will cut shipments of titles for Sony formats by 30 to 40 percent, with Capcom set to increase shipments by 81 percent to 4.7 million units."

In the future, Diomedes, please don't tell people they are "BSing," especially when they are right, and you are wrong.  

First ,one game cancelled doesnt equal 13 games as you were saying .Second ,the reason Katamary was cancelled is because they had problems with the conversion from the 360 and they prefered to substitute the game for another one as Nob Nob Boy ,so no shifting of resources simply substituting a game because A)were having problems porting the code or B)MS just gave them a crapload of money .This isnt the same .It isnt the "oh we arent supporting Sony we wont deliver games on its plattforms " you dream about .Third ,all new Capcom games are announced as well for PS3:DMC4 ,RE5 ,Monster Hunter 3 ,Talisman ,etc etc .You are telling nonsense ,you and the other boy you tried to back-up .As for the hate issue I think it is now  crystal clear  for everyone in this board that can read properly that your hathred toward Sony knows no limit .And I dont care about what fanboys say .

DoesWhatNintenDont said:

I do think it should be kept in mind:

It takes two to three YEARS to fully develop a game for the PS3. Many developers, much like the great fortune tellers ((read: analysts), all thought PS3 was a shoe in for first place thus holding the largest marketshare value.

So many of the games we are seeing being produced exclusively for the PS3 have been in production for quite some time. The companies aren't going to just toss away those -years- of work, simply due to the poor numbers on the PS3 account. They will push their product on PS3, and see how it fairs, with the most likely option of porting it to the 360, if PS3 numbers remain dead last, as to expand possible user base for their product.

The key issue is not what is in production, but rather, how many new things have been announced and have just started production? All of the financial news tells us that the vast majority of the third party developers are setting sail with the Wii.

It takes two to 3 years to fully develop a top level game for the PS3 ,thats true .And for the X360 .And for the PC even.Wii games with a lot of work will also need some 2 years of development ,just as Twilight Princess was 3 years in development .Other thing is the minigames and sub-par games we are seeing on the Wii right now ,ports from the PS2 ,PSP ,DS and Cube most of them.Or quick movie cash-ins  (also done in pS3 and 360 ) .Those it is easy to make them ,but are we really wishing that WINS the battle of the software of the future ?

The vast majority of the new games are being announced for the PS3 every day .Show me one new title announced these last months that wont have a PS3 version .At least they can port the PC-360 games with a moderate cost to the PS3 ,a thing the Wii cant do at all .

This thread is funny. I love all the doom saying. Even though I have said some conditional doom myself on other threads (Xbox360 being the last MS console if sales don't pick up) it is funny to read so much doom in one place.

Arghhh, MS will fail because the exclusives are disappearing.
Arghhh, Sony will fail because the exclusives are disappearing.
Arghhh, Nintendo will fail because all they got is mini games and has bad grphx (That's a new one.)

It is funny.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I laugh everytime I hear Sony fanboys react to another 3rd party pulling away from Sony by saying, "who cares, I haven't liked their games since X". It reminds me of all the Nintendo fanboys saying the same thing back in the N64/Cube days. I thought that was idiotic then and I think it's idiotic today.

It's fine if someone doesn't want to enjoy a game if it's not on their system of choice. No skin off my back. However, most people are more concerned with having a wide selection of gaming options.