By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan (7/19)

This week is calm before the storm.

Powerful Pro Baseball 14 (PS2) : about 80k

Powerful Pro Baseball Wii (Wii) : about 20k

Detective JinguJi Saburou DS (DS) : about 10k

Source : http://ameblo.jp/sinobi

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

Around the Network

Is that touch detective 2?

I'm a bit surprised the PS2 version sells that much better than the Wii version, baseball is one of those games which seem to be a perfect fit for the Wiimote. But then again, the installed base of PS2 to Wii is somewhere around 7 to 1, so selling 4 to 1 might not be that bad. Is baseball a popular sport in Japan and do baseball games sell well there?

Is the storm HSG? and no numbers for DQ:S? Guess its only new releases.

I can't answer most of those questions but I know this:

Baseball is popular in Japan. VERY popular.

Around the Network
MrPennybags said:
I can't answer most of those questions but I know this:

Baseball is popular in Japan. VERY popular.

QFT

To Each Man, Responsibility
koffieboon said:
I'm a bit surprised the PS2 version sells that much better than the Wii version, baseball is one of those games which seem to be a perfect fit for the Wiimote. But then again, the installed base of PS2 to Wii is somewhere around 7 to 1, so selling 4 to 1 might not be that bad. Is baseball a popular sport in Japan and do baseball games sell well there?

For Japese gamer, it isn't suprise results. Even between the funs of these series, it isn't anticipated to play baseball.

For them, what is most important is to make player in a game-mode called "success". So, when players speak about this game, they speak about only this mode.

So, they have less interests for playing devices. 

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

student said:
Is that touch detective 2?

No. That is new game of very very old series. (The series of Detective JinguJi Saburou is continuing 20 years!)

Any word on how Dragon Quest Swords is holding up in week two?  Did Square-Enix have another shipment ready?

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

koffieboon said:

It's probably just a userbase issue.