By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MGS4 coming to 360?, (PS3/360) fanboys click here

jankazimierz said:
I dont know, its not like the game hasnt sold well.

it needs to sell weller :P i hope it comes to the 360 so i wount need to buy a ps-sre

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
frybread said:

I'd never play a MGS game, but man, I'd love to watch the meltdown and drama from a 360 release. Please be true!

why?

really why?

i didn't wanna write on this untill i saw this

there are so many gamers that bought the ps3 just for this and they paid lots of money, why would u see them sad and angry?

such hate is stupid and unjustifed , i want all the games to come multi so everyone can enjoy but u are the worst ever , u don't want the game but want to see people angery and sad >.<

elgefe02 said:
Mistershine said:
I agree with mrstickball. I don't want the game as such, I just want to watch the internet get destroyed by a billion CAPSLOCK meltdowns.

I wanna see that day!!!

the same goes for u two, read the above

Euphoria14 said:
selnor said:
Euphoria14 said:
selnor said:
Euphoria14 said:

WHOA!!! Selnor, where did you get 8 minutes a chapter from?

It is around 2 1/2-3 minutes tops. Only installation anywhere near 8 minutes was the initial install.

Whoops my bad. Edited post.

We only timed the first install and went to get food and stuff during the others. We assumed they were roughly the same.

SORRY. :) No harm.

You admitted it is was wrong and edited your post.

No harm indeed.

I don't chat with you ever, but when I pick up Fable II I better see you + many others online. Drunk parties in Fable Pubs.

Yeah that will be cool. My gamertag is Goldar. Unfortunatley With family and credit crunch I have to spend most of my money on my 17 month old daughters christmas gifts and paying for bills. So I wont have fable 2 till December 25th but when I do you can show me round the game.

Will do.

I won't start playing the game until sometime in November though as I have a habit of never finishing games and I want to get the most out of LBP before I become absorbed in Fable.

I don't have a Gold account, but I will for Fable II. My username is in my sig.

Cool. I would join you on LBP to, but there is no way I can afford another console yet. Hopefully next year price drop and also I will be married "yikes!!!!!" so more expendable income. Luckily my Fiance loves games to. :)

Soriku said:
@Onyx

I think this statement kills any chance of a "Sony exclusivity deal". If there was a Sony exclusivity deal they wouldn't say something like this right?

Most of these agreements are timed agreements, otherwise Konami wouldn't be able to port the game anywhere else until the end of time. Also from what I gather, there is no proper translation on what was said in that Yahoo JPN article. It's been translated though the browser itself like a babel fish program, and I think the true meaning of the statement could have been lost in translation. This is what was written in direct page translation from Yahoo. You be the judge:

In addition Konami to the highest attention. Was a popular venue epic "Metal Gear Solid 4" (PS3's), "a lot of demand in the world for the launch of the Xbox360, are also considered forward-looking" (Konami's public relations office well Kai) And, of course, in view of multi-platform. However, PS3 will be available only to lose the title at the Sony is likely to be a negative factor. The series is the Sony camp is the only major brand, depending on future trends and the Konami affect Sony's share price can not deny the possibility.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

I'll wake my gf and ask her to translate...

edit: On second thought I'll wait a bit later she pulled an all nighter doing some homework.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Grahamhsu said:

I'll wake my gf and ask her to translate...

edit: On second thought I'll wait a bit later she pulled an all nighter doing some homework.

Cool beans. Here's what she should translate whenever she gets her lazy ass out of bed.

そのほかではコナミ <9766> への注目も高かった。会場で人気を博していた大作「メタルギア ソリッド4」(PS3向け)について、「世界中で要望の多い『Xbox360』向けの発売 も前向きに検討している」(コナミ 広報室・改井良隆氏)と、やはりマルチプラットフォームを視野に入れる。ただ、PS3向けにのみ発売されるタイトルが 減ることで、ソニー <6758> にとっては悪材料となりそうだ。同シリーズはソニー陣営の有力ブランドとなっているだけに、今後の動向次第ではコナミとソニーの株価に影響を及ぼす可能性も否定できない。

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Snake612 said:
its not possible. metal gear solid 4 runs on a 50gb. In order for it to be on the 360, they would have to down size the game a lot by taking out all the important features of the game. So if there was 360 version and i doubt it, that version would be an epic fail.

Or they could just compress the audio, put it on 2 discs, and take out the useless bloat.

The game would be virtually identical to the naked eye, like all PS360 games, and it might even have extra content.

All this "only possible on playstation" crap is a talking point designed to counteract your buyer's remorse(or cognitive dissonance, or inferiority complex) about the playstation. None of it's true. Yeah, I'm sure the power of teh cell has yet to be harnessed. Sheesh! Playstation fanboys are epic PR. Will you buy anything they tell you, and repeat it like gospel? You are the only group who doesn't question, at all, your companies taglines, maybe in all of business. I bet Ford wishes it had fanboys like that.

Heh, the funny thing is that cutscenes (the one or two that are a movie and not ingame) and audio are already compressed (quite clearly so - just read the credits/intro screens in the game).

Don't believe me? Check the MSG4 filesizes on the actual blu-ray disc. Cutscenes and audio files in total are only a few GB of the space used on the disc. Most is taken up by the actual levels.

But I'm sure you checked out this yourself before you started about the audio being uncompressed, despite the fact the game actually lists a compressed audio format used in the credits, right?

Not to say it can't be ported (any PS3 game can be done on the Xbox 360 in some form and vice versa) but the whole 'All PS3 games that use lots of space only use it for compressed audio and cutscenes' sentiment that plays out on the forums should really end. Mainly because its well, wrong.

It was a Double Layer Blu Ray Disc 50GB

This game would be pretty expensive to port, I'm thinking -- although of course it could probably be done.

I don't think Konami will do it, though. I don't think there's enough money to be made from it to justify the expense. If the game is actually 6 dual layer DVD9s, it will cost a fortune to produce and license.. Konami won't make enough per unit to justify the, likely extreme, cost of porting it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were looking into it.  I just don't think they'll actually do it.