By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will LBP Get "Zack and Wikied"?

It was aimed at EU? That's funny, because I haven't seen any form of advertising for it at all here.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
I think SMG is a better comparison for LBP. They are both flagships for their brand and have full backing by their systems.

But with a very different base.

Right now, the PS3 is largely owned by "hardcore" Sony fans - casuals are staying away in droves thanks to the price. And these core Sony gamers are often the ones who spent deriding the Nintendo games and systems as "kiddie" (actually saw an ad to that effect recently).

Meanwhile Nintendo's base loves Mario, and largely doesn't give a damn about the cute label. Plus the Wii has a ton of casuals who care even less.

I think hype will propel LBP to 1m, but I suspect it will have a hard time reaching or breaking 2m.

Many of the sources for that game on N4G are EU websites or original content was from an EU site, then a Sony news bulliten, then a major event and finally SOA. Of course you can choose to argue till your blue in the face but another issue just cought my attention.

@FishyJoe

Have you played the beta yet? The game isn't Mario at all, it's it's own unique game, Mario is a platformer, this game is a level designer with platforming elements, and in some cases there can be levels' with 0 platforming. Of course now in content what your saying is that the PS3 was designed for LBP?

Ok I'll spin whatever you mean't another way; the word "flagship" your saying Mario Galaxy is the flagship game of the Wii(Nintendo)?
My question is have you thought of why Mario Galaxy could even be considered that? Relative to why FF series was never considered a flagship to eithe Nintendo before 1995 or Sony before 2008?

Sony want's the sackboys to be accepted sure, but to say they are accepted already before the game is released is insane. This game would have to be packaged with the PS3 (all versions) otherwise Sony is just talking out the wrong hole. (I'm sure you know what it means when a software is packaged with a console.)

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I'm not going to argue 'til I'm blue in the face, I'm just very surprised that Sony apparently aimed this at EU, because I have yet to hear anything about this game besides on the internet. If they're trying to aim it at EU, they're either thinking of "EU minus Scandinavia" or they're doing a very, very poor job at it.

You should note that I'm using my perspective, and I've only seen these artiles on one news Hub and that is N4G, I'm sure 1up has recieved some breaking coverage as well. But your probably not going to see scans from famitsu before the relative announcement on the Internet, and chances are the source was from EU unless of course it was some event, then it would receive coverage from a wide range of news sources.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D