By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Everstar said:
vlad321 said:
Oh the other thing is that in this day and age it's pathetic that you have to pay to play on-line, unless it's an MMO.

45$ a year is that really to much tho?

It's basically the cost of an extra game. I'd rather have an extra game than have to pay to play games I already paid for, online. Especially if Microsoft isn't going to provide dedicated servers.

BTW, this is the main reason why my friend's and I went with the PS3.

Around the Network
bobobologna said:
Everstar said:
vlad321 said:
Oh the other thing is that in this day and age it's pathetic that you have to pay to play on-line, unless it's an MMO.

It's basically the cost of an extra game. I'd rather have an extra game than have to pay to play games I already paid for, online. Especially if Microsoft isn't going to provide dedicated servers.

What he said.

Also, add that 45 a year to your 360 and lo and behold, the Wii is cheaper again.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

I think its lucky to even have the sales its having. I believe its not as popular as playstation, its outselling it because people don't want to dish out $400 on a gaming system. They are, however willing to spend $200 on an Arcade

I am Ted Nugent

Cat Scratch Fever

vlad321 said:
bobobologna said:
Everstar said:
vlad321 said:

What he said.

Also, add that 45 a year to your 360 and lo and behold, the Wii is cheaper again.

In Canada it's just under $59 for Live.  Every 360 owner I know has bought a battery pack and a charge cable.  Add those two to the cost of Live and you're approaching the PS3.  The difference is cost gets you many 360 games, BD player, WiFi, REAL and MORE exclusives (not the faux-ones that are for 360 that are for PC) and future proofed for atleast 7 years.  Future proofing looks bad on the 360 part, it runs off DVD and their other system had it's plugged pulled after 4 years in contrasts to Sony's 9 year back to back dynasties.

PSN: EDguila

PS3 library:  Motorstorm, Assasin's Creed, Orange Box, Uncharted:DF, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance:FOM, Rachet & Clank Future:ToD,

Near future: Folklore, SOCOM Confrontation, BioShock, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2.

I don't know if it's actually a strong reason for people, but my main reason to not want one is the fact that it's made by Microsoft.

Around the Network

The Playstation was the first real console that tried to be popular in small markets like my country Belgium. The first game magazine we got in writtie in Dutch was the Official Playstation magazine the first game we got in Dutch were on the Playstation so many kids could finally play games in their native language. Before the playstation I had to use a dictionary to understand something of the game.

Just import a game from Japan and try to play it...Big chance you put it away soon because you don't understand a thing. A lot of those kids raised up and always thx Sony because they are the ones who gave them the chance to enjoy a game.

For me, most of the games I want got to PS3, PSP, and DS.

I don't want to pay for online.

And reliability is a factor.

I also find the PS controller very comfertable.

The other box has more features tHat I like.

4 ≈ One

zexen_lowe said:
I don't know if it's actually a strong reason for people, but my main reason to not want one is the fact that it's made by Microsoft.

I doubt that is on many people's minds.  I think getting your bang for your buck.  You get WAAY more and most 360 owners end up spending more on hardware to get them what the PS3 comes at just $399.  Also looking back at giving people a bang for their buck in video game history MS failed badly while Sony has an excellent reputation.  Hopefully the consumers don't punish MS as bad as they punished Sega for their expensive add ons and short life cycles.

PSN: EDguila

PS3 library:  Motorstorm, Assasin's Creed, Orange Box, Uncharted:DF, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance:FOM, Rachet & Clank Future:ToD,

Near future: Folklore, SOCOM Confrontation, BioShock, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2.

Who would pay $200 for console which will break down in 200 days.

Thats Why.

Microsoft destroyed their own image and its really hard to build that image back.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Bullet100000 said:

Who would pay $200 for console which will break down in 200 days.

Thats Why.

Microsoft destroyed their own image and its really hard to build that image back.

lol. That is all.

-_-;

Destroyed their image? Are you kidding me? Other than the RROD, they gave gamers the chance to play PS3-exclusive games like Final Fantasy and Tekken this generation! Consumers are the winners in the end.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!