By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MS Price drop NOT in Full effect

I was down at my local retailers over the weekend and found that there was a huge price variation on the 360 between retailers which was quite surprising to me.

It seams a few retailers (major retailers) have not dropped their price yet, and maybe(just maybe) these could be the reasons.

• The Price drop has not flown through to all chains
  • The retailers are waiting until closer to Christmas to drop their price
  • The retailers are making more profit while they can
  • The retailers may have brought a large inventory before the price drop and haven't received their rebate (YET)
  • The retailers may have received their rebates in the form of games.
  • They may be waiting for a promotion cycle to begin

Either way the effects of the price drop have not made it through all sales channels yet. I would think that Christmas will be the real decider to if this price drop has had much long term effect.

I also believe that in the coming months, MS will supply a lot of bundles to the market, making the Xbox look to have better value.

[[[[Edit::   My comments refer to "others" and the desert island I live on is "Australia"]]]]

Predictions JAN 08

2008 PS3-19.5M(actual 19.5) XBOX360-23M(actual 27.5) Wii - 37M(actual 45.8M)

End of 2009 PS3-27 25M XBOX360-30 35M Wii - 48 63M (revised DEC 08)

Price Point
Mid 2008 Wii $250 Xbox360$249 Xbox360(HDD)$299 PS3 $399

Mid 2009 Wii $189 Xbox360$199 Xbox360(HDD)$249 PS3 $339

Mid 2010 Wii $ 149 Xbox360$159 Xbox360(HDD)$199 PS3 $289

Around the Network

Even so, with the amount of ads on TV I think most people know about the price of it now...

So... on which deserted Island do you live?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I don't know what retailers you are going to..

but the bestbuy I work for had the price-cut from day1... Why wouldn't they? Or else people will be coming to price-match and then you have to actually give them 10% differences.

Don't buy your argument at all. Although very creative I must say. Good effort points.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

It's too early for damage control.

Around the Network

........??????...............???????????????????????

the ads are in full effect.

everybody knows about the pricecut.

even its a very few retailers are not selling the at the m$ recommended price, they are minimal compared to the major retailers that are.

don't expect to 360 go higher until the christmas period then go way below after that.

Maybe before you say such things you should know how much the PS3 40gb is now selling in some UK shops, it is £211 British pounds ( 270 EUROS)

with TWO games, so please stop this price cut not working nonsense -

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/256771/costco-members-only-ps3-40gb-2-game/

WOw, 360 Numbers slump, damage limatatiom starts basically staight away

damage control ...

Next?