By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The end for Xbox? PS3 outsells 360 following price cut in America!

The end for Xbox? PS3 outsells 360 following price cut in America!

Around the Network

PS3 is still a little inflated because of the bump the price cut gave it. The numbers will either go up or start to level off in the next couple of weeks. That's how it goes with major game releases as well. When MGS4 comes out in combination with the holidays, I would expect to see the PS3 selling 50 thousand a week at least, doesn't necesarilly mean it will last.

Yep that ended it. Ignore September and eventual 360 price cuts. Its over.

Lol?! X360 dead?!... Whahahahaha!... I think it is more worrying that PS3 'only' went from ~17.5k to 40k a week in the first week after the price-cut! Even the Gamecube became more 'healthy' after price-cuts! And don't forget that X360 can lower in price too!... And with Halo 3 coming out! X360 is gonna blaze away from PS3's numbers for 2007... (They are almost equal for 2007 sales, Europe launch for PS3 counted in). And don't forget! It's not X360 which is struggeling to get past 4 mil sold. I'm sorry to say! But this article is BULLSHIT!

THE NETHERLANDS

You guys know what this means!!!! At this frantic pace that the PS3 is outselling the 360 it will only take 5.5158 years or 287 weeks to pass the 360!! forget Halo, worry about these numbers!

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

Xbox will more likely die because MS is losing billions of dollars. Not that it will, but I am starting to believe this more and more. It's not about who wins the war, it's about making money. This is why MS focused on 07 at e3, if it doesn't sell significantly more into 08, than I think that likelyhood will increase even more.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Very much it would be would be desirable that for all the next weeks same successful for PS3...

DarkD said:
PS3 is still a little inflated because of the bump the price cut gave it. The numbers will either go up or start to level off in the next couple of weeks. That's how it goes with major game releases as well. When MGS4 comes out in combination with the holidays, I would expect to see the PS3 selling 50 thousand a week at least, doesn't necesarilly mean it will last.

MGS4 isn't coming out until 2008. It says simultaneous worldwide release in 2008 at the end of the E3 trailer.

steven787 said:
Xbox will more likely die because MS is losing billions of dollars. Not that it will, but I am starting to believe this more and more. It's not about who wins the war, it's about making money. This is why MS focused on 07 at e3, if it doesn't sell significantly more into 08, than I think that likelyhood will increase even more.

MS is in this for the long haul. They don't give a shit about console gaming. They want to win the "universal home entertainment system" wars with Sony, and are willing to lose billions to do it. Sony's relative collapse with the PS3 is only encouraging them. They focused on 2007 because this is the last year in which there will be a great disparity between the 360 in terms of price and titles, and it is their last chance to put Sony in a permanant 3rd place this generation.

As for the original premise, Sony gets a temporary boost by its price cut, and MS is hurt because everyone is anticipating one for the 360. This will likely persist for a short time until the 360 cut is announced, or Sony exhausts the (relatively small) pool of people willing to spend $500 on the console.

The fact the xbox 360 is doing as well as it is now even in hind sight of a PS3 price cut is just testiment to how much of a blunder the PS3 has proved itself to be.