By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killing my Falcon softly with this heater? 3 months of abuse and no RROD!

I just realised that my Xbox 360 (Falcon chipset) sits between 6 inches away and actually touching my 2400W oil column convection heater, surface temperature? Too hot to touch for more than a few seconds. That shows how much I care I guess...

Im not worried at all, its just a convenient place to put it so I can access the drive because I store my disks/etc in a chest under my seat. I like the toasty feeling of sitting next to my heater and I like the convenience of sitting next to my Xbox 360 so yeah why should I worry? Im covered by a RROD warranty until February 2011 anyway and I have a gaming PC/PS3/Wii to play if it breaks.

Btw I haven't had any glitches, hitches, freezes, 2 ring overheating or anything like that. But its still funny. "OMGZ the RROD monster will get youz!"

All I can say is LULZ!!!

Tease.

Around the Network

lol, this thread could be funny :P

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Squilliam said:

I just realised that my Xbox 360 (Falcon chipset) sits between 6 inches away and actually touching my 2400W oil column convection heater, surface temperature? Too hot to touch for more than a few seconds. That shows how much I care I guess...

Im not worried at all, its just a convenient place to put it so I can access the drive because I store my disks/etc in a chest under my seat. I like the toasty feeling of sitting next to my heater and I like the convenience of sitting next to my Xbox 360 so yeah why should I worry? Im covered by a RROD warranty until February 2011 anyway and I have a gaming PC/PS3/Wii to play if it breaks.

Btw I haven't had any glitches, hitches, freezes, 2 ring overheating or anything like that. But its still funny. "OMGZ the RROD monster will get youz!"

All I can say is LULZ!!!

i live in latin america a real hot country we don't need heaters,  but  there is a chance i get RROD in a 32-34º lowest 21-24º C?

well this proves that RROD is caused by cooling not heating or ...... both?

C'mon.. everyone knows that RROD is caused by global warming!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

i'm sorry... but a device NOT breaking down within 3 months is now deserving a thread praising it?

Aren't we setting the bar low or what? :P

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
i'm sorry... but a device (and note, a 360, the ''RROD machine'') NOT breaking down within 3 months almost right beside a heater is now deserving a thread praising it?

Aren't we setting the bar low or what? :P

Fixed.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

3 months and no RRoD! Congrats!

Most products are made to go kaput right when the warranty is up, you still have 33 months to go!

Its because my Xbox 360 is a masochist.

Tease.

Lucky, I baby most of my equipment and even have an air purifier running to reduce air-born contaminants. I went to turn on my 360 on Sunday and got the rrod. I am sad >.
I have one of the first Elite models so maybe I'll get lucky and get a newer one, I doubt it though. I am trying to look on the bright side...