By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima: Japanese game industry is in trouble

Paul_Warren said:

"And you are fantastically wrong in all three cases - those games relied on their narrative, not their technology."

I don't think so. Yuna, Rikku, Paine, and Ashe certainly wouldn't have been as hot in 2d sprite form. And the narratives may have been great but the looks of the girls also enhanced my enjoyments of those games.  Try to make Lightning look as good on the Wii as she does in the videos for FFXIII.

You

cannot

be serious

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF IT'S OKAY TO REPORT POSTS FOR BEING PATENTLY RIDICULOUS?

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Paul_Warren said:
"@Paul_Warren: Try using an example from a comparable medium. Like, you know. Video games. Specifically RPGs."

FFX, FFX-2, and FFXII would not have been as good as they were if they weren't on the PS2. They would be better on the PS3.

And you are fantastically wrong in all three cases - those games relied on their narrative, not their technology.

Look

I didn't say FFX had good narrative

But people love that story for some reason, and it would have worked just as well on the Super Nintendo

"DOES ANYONE KNOW IF IT'S OKAY TO REPORT POSTS FOR BEING PATENTLY RIDICULOUS?"

What was ridiculous about my post? Looking at all four of those digital creations is every bit as enjoyable as watching Ashley Tisdale.

And to answer my earlier question, no, you can't make Lightning look as good on the Wii as you can on the PS3.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

I'm sure she'd look just fine in the hours of FMVs, if it helps.

But no, FFX, FFX-2, and FFXII would not have been improved by putting them on the PS3. Everything good about them would have fit on the SNES, they just would have been uglier.

Around the Network

"But no, FFX, FFX-2, and FFXII would not have been improved by putting them on the PS3. Everything good about them would have fit on the SNES, they just would have been uglier."

FYI that means they wouldn't have been as good.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Hmmmmm? Perhaps you're right! "Ugly" is a value judgment that can't even be applied across different levels of visual media. Thanks, Paul_Warren!

But no, FFX, FFX-2, and FFXII would not have been improved by putting them on the PS3. Everything good about them would have fit on the SNES, they just would have been in a different style.

Paul_Warren said:

And to answer my earlier question, no, you can't make Lightning look as good on the Wii as you can on the PS3.

Yes, you can for the most part.

It works the same way this:

Became this:

Khuutra said:
Hmmmmm? Perhaps you're right! "Ugly" is a value judgment that can't even be applied across different levels of visual media. Thanks, Paul_Warren!

But no, FFX, FFX-2, and FFXII would not have been improved by putting them on the PS3. Everything good about them would have fit on the SNES, they just would have been in a different style.

Maybe you enjoy the SNES so much but personally give me a SNES game and then gimme a PS3 game, I just can't go back to the old sprites...

Heck MGS4 includes a very small segment of MGS1 back from the PS1 and when you play both you have a hard time believing people used to play that...........

Even disregarding the graphics, the way stealth is handled in MGS4 is 10 times superior to the one in MGS1....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:

Maybe you enjoy the SNES so much but personally give me a SNES game and then gimme a PS3 game, I just can't go back to the old sprites...

Those 80+ million DS owners must be insane... still playing with their sprites and all.