By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima: Japanese game industry is in trouble

FFX would have been improved on the SNES just because they wouldn't have had that voice acting cast.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Ail said:

Maybe you enjoy the SNES so much but personally give me a SNES game and then gimme a PS3 game, I just can't go back to the old sprites...

Those 80+ million DS owners must be insane... still playing with their sprites and all.

AHHHH! Get those sprites out of my face!

(Phew) Now that's more like it. Can't go back to those old sprites.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Being able to only control movement in a planar direction was nice.
Now I like 3 D controls and being able to control the camera to actually see what is around me...

The more you feel you are part of a story, the stronger its narrative can grip you...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Khuutra said:
FFX would have been improved on the SNES just because they wouldn't have had that voice acting cast.

NEVER

Around the Network

Words of Wisdom, FFXIII is going to be much better in real time play than that first picture of FFVIII that you show. As a matter of fact, the in game graphics in FFXIII might even be better than the cutscene that you show in your second picture. About the only thing your first picture proves is that the PS1 was capable of better graphics than the N64 and that if you want to see those types of graphics be as good as they can be 9 years after those, then you need a PS3.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

What in the world is you even talking about, Paul_Warren?

This discussion isn't about graphics, it is about how Japanese developers may be focusing on the wrong things this generation (like, say, graphics). As in, they are behind the times, and need to get with it!

Yeah, well in the final analysis, when both the PS3 and Wii and the respective handhelds by each company once again finish ahead of the 360 in worldwide sales this generation, and do so largely because of the efforts of Japanese developers, then people won't be making such foolish comments about the Japanese games industry. They are only making these comments right now because the 360 up until this year had been doing quite well, but the PS3 is once again gaining on the 360 (its price cuts only helped it to beat the PS3 for one month worldwide this year) and over the next few weeks things are pretty much going back to what they've been for most of this year.

The 360 only selling 300 more consoles in one week than the PS3 in Others while costing half as much as the PS3 pretty much shows that the mainly Western (ie. US based) developers of its games are pretty much doing mediocre jobs at things in their own right.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

None of that has anything to do with what this thread is about. Why are you in here? This isn't about the System Wars.

Soriku said:
Paul_Warren said:

Words of Wisdom, FFXIII is going to be much better in real time play than that first picture of FFVIII that you show. As a matter of fact, the in game graphics in FFXIII might even be better than the cutscene that you show in your second picture. About the only thing your first picture proves is that the PS1 was capable of better graphics than the N64 and that if you want to see those types of graphics be as good as they can be 9 years after those, then you need a PS3.

wat. The N64 was stronger than the PS1.

Soriku is right about this one.  FFVIII would have not be the same though on the N64.  They would have to cut out all those CGI or their would have be like 15 FFVIII cartridges??