By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Marvel vs. Capcom 2 rated for PS3/360, no Wii version.

darthdevidem01 said:
Seriously is this game any good?

Marvel vs. Capcom is like distilled awesome in a jar. I was never very good at it back in the arcades, but it was a blast to play.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
Khuutra said:
A bad controller for fighting games?

Do they think the Classic Controller doesn't work? I mean, at absolute worst you could map the "fierce" attacks to the shoulder buttons, but how is that any different from the PS3 and 360 pads?

Nonsensical. Ridiculous.

Classic Controllers are not mandatory. Not every publisher will deal with optional accessories when they would be essential to playing a game. It's a choice each publisher needs to make for themselves, but don't sit and fault them fo not always siding with doing that.

@darth-Yes it's a VERY good game. One of my favorites ever. It's a very shallow fighter in many ways, but does have some hidden depth. It's just so fun doing 6-man tag matches. You would get a kick out of it if you've ever enjoyed a 2D fighter before.

I would accept this if it weren't for, you know, that other Capcom fighting game coming ot the Wii using the Classic Controller.

Khuutra said:
Onyxmeth said:
Khuutra said:
A bad controller for fighting games?

Do they think the Classic Controller doesn't work? I mean, at absolute worst you could map the "fierce" attacks to the shoulder buttons, but how is that any different from the PS3 and 360 pads?

Nonsensical. Ridiculous.

Classic Controllers are not mandatory. Not every publisher will deal with optional accessories when they would be essential to playing a game. It's a choice each publisher needs to make for themselves, but don't sit and fault them fo not always siding with doing that.

@darth-Yes it's a VERY good game. One of my favorites ever. It's a very shallow fighter in many ways, but does have some hidden depth. It's just so fun doing 6-man tag matches. You would get a kick out of it if you've ever enjoyed a 2D fighter before.

I would accept this if it weren't for, you know, that other Capcom fighting game coming ot the Wii using the Classic Controller.

Ok, if you say so. I hadn't heard anything about how Tatsunoko vs. Capcom controlled so I didn't want to jump to conclusions with it. If that's the case then it shouldn't be a problem with them bringing Marvel vs. Capcom 2 over. The other issues are still relevant though, like file size.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

All right granted I can't remember where I read that either; I may have just put my foot in my mouth.

Though, yes, the file size is definitely a problem. That's not their stated excuse, still. Wonder why they aren't just saying that.

Khuutra said:
All right granted I can't remember where I read that either; I may have just put my foot in my mouth.

Though, yes, the file size is definitely a problem. That's not their stated excuse, still. Wonder why they aren't just saying that.

I don't think Capcom has a stated excuse as to why it's not coming to the Wii. As far as I know the controller issue was generated by posters inside this topic. The link just has an ESRB request from Capcom to rate MVC2 for PS3 and 360. The ommision of the Wii in that is what is generating all of this speculation. Frankly, no one really knows anything at this point but the best bet is that MVC2 is going to become a downloadable title with online play and that is why the Wii isn't getting it.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

Because they haven't said anything at all about the title.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

See

This is what I get for just going off what the OP says instead of doing my own research

Boy is my face red

Khuutra said:
See

This is what I get for just going off what the OP says instead of doing my own research

Boy is my face red

You must not be too familiar with who the OP is. I'm begging Talon Man to make the new forum rule "Do not listen to anything Trestres says". I can see it being overwhelmingly popular.

But he has ALttP art as his avatar.

How do you not trust that?

Trestres is one of the reasons I wish this forum had an ignore feature. An aside, did you mean to say that online fighting is one of the reasons the Wii isn't getting it or just kinda throwing it out there that it will probably have it?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229