By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Marvel vs. Capcom 2 rated for PS3/360, no Wii version.

Well, he's right. Wiimote is bad enough for SSB, I can't imagine playing a real fighter with it.

Around the Network

Holy crap this just made by day! I cannot wait for this to be released. Just add online play Capcom. That's all I need. They should make it 6 player online where each character can be controlled by a different player and tagged in.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I understand them... Wiimote plus Nunchuck is not very good for these kind of fighters and not everyone has a classic controller... Isn´t there a Gamecube version people could fall back on ???

Diomedes1976 said:
I love this game ....if it appears at a good price and with HD graphics I may buy it.

Capcom isnt lazy ,they have already developed many next gen games ....Zack and Wiki ,Lost Planet ,Dead Rising ,Devil May Cry 4 ...lazy are Square Enix who hasnt released a single next generation game in all the generation .

But a fighting game with the Wiimote ....it doesnt sound well.You can play it with the standard controller ,but that way you reduce the objetive potential buyers to 1/5 ...

They've released Final Fantasy Chocobos Dungueon, Dragon Quest: Swords, Infinite Undiscovery, Project Slypheed, and not to mention all the handhelds. They've done more than what you give them credit for.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Soriku said:
@ctk

Uh...Marvel vs. Capcom 2 isn't new. This game came out on the PS2 and Xbox years ago. This is likely a port/remake on XBL/PSN.

If MH3 is new, Marvel vs. Capcom sure is as well.

@Okey

Classic Controller? GC controller?

Many fighters are supporting at least the CC.

@out

Compression? Though I'm not sure how much they can compress it.

The game is about 150 MB on torrent sites no matter which version you choose. While this is possible for the Wii to handle it, I would think this would take too big a chunk out of the 512MB.

@El Duderino-There's no Gamecube version and it's probably because Capcom tied to give the GC Capcom vs. SNK 2 and it came out like shit control wise. The GC controller was not built for fighters because of button placement. It's functional, but without a doubt the worst of the three last gen. The Classic Controller is set up nice though, but like you said, not everybody has one.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that after Capcom released CVS2, either Nintendo put a policy in place against 2D fighting games or Capcom really saw no point in porting fighting games to them anymore because at least 5-6 other Capcom 2D fighters never showed up on the Cube, and Capcom has not supported a Nintendo console with a new fighter until now with Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
@Onyx

I guess if that's the case then tres has no reason to complain (as he usually does).

I just don't see how Capcom could compress the game to the point where it would be appropriately sized for WiWare. Isn't there a limit in size? What's the biggest game on WiiWare?

trestres just can't see anything as a good thing. Instead of giving a decent announcement for those who would enjoy this, which are many, he has to ruin the moment by making this topic about "woe is me and my Wii".

it won't fit on 44mb on wiiware, they would have to release it on disc which actually isnt' a bad idea but it's not as simple. Would require a classic controller too.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

A bad controller for fighting games?

Do they think the Classic Controller doesn't work? I mean, at absolute worst you could map the "fierce" attacks to the shoulder buttons, but how is that any different from the PS3 and 360 pads?

Nonsensical. Ridiculous.

Seriously is this game any good?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Khuutra said:
A bad controller for fighting games?

Do they think the Classic Controller doesn't work? I mean, at absolute worst you could map the "fierce" attacks to the shoulder buttons, but how is that any different from the PS3 and 360 pads?

Nonsensical. Ridiculous.

Classic Controllers are not mandatory. Not every publisher will deal with optional accessories when they would be essential to playing a game. It's a choice each publisher needs to make for themselves, but don't sit and fault them fo not always siding with doing that.

@darth-Yes it's a VERY good game. One of my favorites ever. It's a very shallow fighter in many ways, but does have some hidden depth. It's just so fun doing 6-man tag matches. You would get a kick out of it if you've ever enjoyed a 2D fighter before.