By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA MAKING A CONSOLE??????

no.
I will not buy EAconsole.
I always buy SONY and that will never change

Final Fantasy huge... watch my collection

Oh... Final Fantasy huge only on SONY system !

Around the Network

@ mamboula , that kind of dedication makes my eyes teary.

They'd end up releasing a console every year that's barley changed.

*EA's Console* 2009
*EA's Console* 2010
*EA's Console* 2011

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

No.

Around the Network

I don't think a pure EA console has merit. If they go and license a console OS from MS, Sony, or Nintendo then it is possible. It would be too much effort to build a console OS and there is no way that a company like Activision or Take 2 would build games to put on a direct competitors console.

NVIDIA is getting squeezed by both Intel and AMD at the moment, potentially EA sees this as a good time to expand into the hardware business. Or more likely they're looking for a way to cut down on multiplat development costs.

There must be a reason why EA is buying out everyone for the past 2 years...

It could work, but only if they sold it for extremely cheap.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

The only way this is even possible is if MS bows out of the console business. Of course, if EA wanted to take the risk on hardware, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to both step aside AND provide exclusive content to continue keeping Sony at bay.

You do not have the right to never be offended.