By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Wii Beats Xbox 360 And PS3 In Energy Efficiency, Too

[quote]windbane said:that article you quote states: "Both systems have fairly similar graphics in Need for Speed Carbon, but the Xbox 360 has better lighting while the PS3 has sharper textures." so, while some scenes are slightly darker, the road and buildings look better. that is seriously nitpicking to begin with, but even that article isn't conclusive. we really won't know until at least later this year when EA releases everything on both systems or other games./quote] Nice to see you read more than one page of the article

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

ok, i'll go through the nitpicking article. the 2nd one is brighter for the ps3 and yet they say the 360 looks barely better. seems contradictory to the first comment where the lighting just seemed brighter in need for speed. geez.

windbane said: ok, i'll go through the nitpicking article. the 2nd one is brighter for the ps3 and yet they say the 360 looks barely better. seems contradictory to the first comment where the lighting just seemed brighter in need for speed. geez.
Why are you answering sieanr? He will only make stupid inane comments. BTW sieanr, inane= lacking sense, significance, or ideas; silly: inane questions. Just trying to tell you what it means to increase your vocabulary and to make sure you don't claim I used it wrong.

hum...it looks like some of them look marginally better on the xbox360. wow. i'm amazed that the extra year EA had to work on 360 paided off. Honestly, I can't tell in half the shots. some are more polished. however, you can tell on fight night specifically what can be done if more time is used to actually work on the ps3. the models look significantly improved for the ps3. we'll see this year and next.

Wii 250$ Wiimote 49.99 x3 Nunchuck 29.99 x3 Game 49.99 I'm looking at 590$ becuase the Wii is a 'party' console. That's what you say, I agree. PS3 500$ game 50$ 550$ PS3 is cheaper for what it's for. the PS3 is for playing multiplayer games... ONLINE. 360 400$ online for 6 year console life 300$ that's 700$... without a game. And WTF kinda gameing computer runs on less than 200watts. ROFL EDIT: DAIR - ROFL. KILL KILL!

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

DIAR said:Just trying to tell you what it means to increase your vocabulary and to make sure you don't claim I used it wrong.
Actually it should be "used it wrongly", and your sentence would flow better if you changed "make sure" to just "ensure" I'm only helping to make your grammar and sentence structure equal your vocabulary, Mr.Thesaurus. Please don't take this personally.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said: DIAR said:Just trying to tell you what it means to increase your vocabulary and to make sure you don't claim I used it wrong. Actually it should be "used it wrongly", and your sentence would flow better if you changed "make sure" to just "ensure" I'm only helping to make your grammar and sentence structure equal your vocabulary, Mr.Thesaurus. Please don't take this personally.
Nice try teacher, but that sentence was fine as it was. FYI, incorrectly would be a better choice of words than wrongly, but a master of the English language already knew that. Finish high school before you attack my grammar.

Kwaad said: Wii 250$ Wiimote 49.99 x3 Nunchuck 29.99 x3 Game 49.99 I'm looking at 590$ becuase the Wii is a 'party' console. That's what you say, I agree. PS3 500$ game 50$ 550$ PS3 is cheaper for what it's for. the PS3 is for playing multiplayer games... ONLINE. 360 400$ online for 6 year console life 300$ that's 700$... without a game. And WTF kinda gameing computer runs on less than 200watts. ROFL EDIT: DAIR - ROFL. KILL KILL!
That is a very bad comparison ... The PS3, XBox 360 and Wii all are designed to play videogames with both local and online multiplayer; in fact Sony saw enough value in local multiplayer you can have 7 controllers attached to the PS3.

your being kinda biased wii motes are 39.99 bucks and the is nuchuk 19.99 plus the wii already comes with a game, last time i checked (2minutes ago) ps3 was 600 dollars and the average price for a game was 60+ so for 3 remotes and nuchuks the wii and 2 games its 420$ a ps3 with one controler and one game is 660$ nice try though

suk_my_wii said: your being kinda biased wii motes are 39.99 bucks and the is nuchuk 19.99 plus the wii already comes with a game, last time i checked (2minutes ago) ps3 was 600 dollars and the average price for a game was 60+ so for 3 remotes and nuchuks the wii and 2 games its 420$ a ps3 with one controler and one game is 660$ nice try though
On the plus side, I am sure Donald Trump loves the PS3.