By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogamer LBP Review - 11:59 TODAY! (UK Time)

eurogamer is fucking trash they give halo 3 10/10 and mgs4 8/10 they should be out of business, everyone knows mgs4 is a better game!!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
EaglesEye379 said:
The single player story is 20 levels. The review doesnt say how long it takes but it doesnt sound too long. Obviously, we all knew LBP's main selling point was creating levels and playing other peoples levels but it sounds quite hard to build a fun level by yourself. So PS3 owners will check PSN every week or so for the most popular levels which should be really fun.

All in all, nice review and is the first game that makes me wish I had a PS3 right now. I predict this is the 2nd 90+ exclusive game for the PS3.

They said it is 20 levels?

MM said the single player will be around 50 levels.

Honestly though, the amount of levels in LBP = ∞

From the review:

"With its homespun beauty, irrepressible charm, wild momentum and tactile physics, LittleBigPlanet strongly recalls Nintendo's 1995 classic Yoshi's Island - and while it's nothing like as perfect a platformer, it's enough of a compliment to say that it can stand up to the comparison at all. The game's Story mode is a suite of some 20-odd levels made by Media Molecule that circumnavigate LittleBigPlanet's imaginary world."

Great socre from Eurogamer, I loved the last paragraph:
But mostly, we're just happy to see a flagship game for a modern system that's about running from left to right and jumping over things. New ideas are great, great old ideas are better, and LittleBigPlanet has both: it's the future and the past of videogames, rolled into one.

darthdevidem01 said:
**To keep people going for another 8 min**

Meristation gives LBP 9/10:
http://translate.google.com/translat...-8&sl=es&tl=en

It's a 9.5/10, in fact

megaman2 said:
eurogamer is fucking trash they give halo 3 10/10 and mgs4 8/10 they should be out of business, everyone knows mgs4 is a better game!!

Personally I would agree with you on MGS 4 being a better game, although there are many who would disagree with us both.

I have played both, although to be honest the reason I probably wasn't crazy about Halo was the fact that it is just sooooo slow paced for me. I am a UT player. Even Resistance is slow as snail shit in comparison.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

WOW...some of the comments on that review page make me LOL

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
EaglesEye379 said:
Euphoria14 said:
EaglesEye379 said:
The single player story is 20 levels. The review doesnt say how long it takes but it doesnt sound too long. Obviously, we all knew LBP's main selling point was creating levels and playing other peoples levels but it sounds quite hard to build a fun level by yourself. So PS3 owners will check PSN every week or so for the most popular levels which should be really fun.

All in all, nice review and is the first game that makes me wish I had a PS3 right now. I predict this is the 2nd 90+ exclusive game for the PS3.

They said it is 20 levels?

MM said the single player will be around 50 levels.

Honestly though, the amount of levels in LBP = ∞

From the review:

"With its homespun beauty, irrepressible charm, wild momentum and tactile physics, LittleBigPlanet strongly recalls Nintendo's 1995 classic Yoshi's Island - and while it's nothing like as perfect a platformer, it's enough of a compliment to say that it can stand up to the comparison at all. The game's Story mode is a suite of some 20-odd levels made by Media Molecule that circumnavigate LittleBigPlanet's imaginary world."

With them saying something like "20-odd", they will look very stupid if the game does in fact contain 40+ levels. Oersonally though, I wouldn't give LBP a 10, maybe a 9.25-9.5 looking at the fact that there is ABSOLUTELY nothing within its genre that comes close to it. Although if this is indeed true that there is almost 30 less levels than promised for the single player experience, I would be a little upset.

Thank good for user created levels though. In the beta alone I saw hundreds. "God of War: Demon Skull" was one of the more professional ones I saw. It was sick.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

wow some of the comments on the reveiw are retarded.

From review comments:

So no 10/10 eh?, Halo 3 is still better. MGS4 was a big old flop, and so is the "other" big PS3 game of 2008. 2008 Year of the PS3...lol, the game is a flop, it's official.

For all the PS3 fans that will post after this message I say this to you. Better luck in 2009, Xbox 360 beat you down and made you cry in 2008. FFXIII goes to 360, Tekken 6 goes to 360. MGS4 and LBP flop on the only review site that matters. Gears of war 2 will show you how to reach the high scores you dream of every night while you stroke your Blu-ray thingy,

I'm off to bed, this score is going to keep my smiling all day tomorrow, why?, because Halo 3 scored better. Every one of your tears makes me smile PS3 owners, so cry , cry like you've never cried over a review score before. Remember all the nights you looked at LBP , getting your hopes up for a good game. Well now those hopes and dreams are gone so tell us how it feels.Think of how butt hurt you are right now, let it all out PS3 owners,

so much floppage, this will not end well.

---------

FLOP FLOP FLOP

i got a ps3 and definately wont be buying this sort of shiit

i rather have socom

oh yes forgot to say

FLOP FLOP FLOP

---------

They said there are around 20 levels in the story mode, but it seemed that they didn't count mini-game levels in that total. So it could still be the number that MM stated.

^ I loved the level where you needed to hop over the spinning tie. I loved starting off and slapping my opponents off the platform and reaping the rewards.

Regardless of what anyone says, users or reviewers, this game is by far one of the best I have played in a very long time. I mean a VERY LONG time.

Me and my girlfriend both love this game.

Currently playing:

AAA Status confirmed!!

They gave MGS4 a 7/10, and it was AAA

So this game must be AAAAA game!!!!!!!

w00t.

There goes my nightmare that this game would be critically panned.