By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Symphony of The Night, now on the PS store

The title that caused trouble on the Xbox Live Arcade is now appearing on the Playstation Store. That's right, Castlevania: Symphony of The Night is now available on the Playstation Store under 'Playstation Classics'. I doubt it's a real blow or anything to Xbox Live, but it is interesting after seeing the Xbox Live loyal going on about superiority because of this game. Heck, I belive that SoTN was the one that caused the Live Arcade download limit for games be increased as well as having Microsoft start making those 512meg memory cards to replace the 64meg ones.

That is good news, but I don't know if it has any of the extras that the Live Arcade one has (mainly the Saturn version?). Even if it doesn't have that extra ability to play as different characters (like that girl, can't remember her name), the PS1 version is still a classic and let you play as Richter and the AxeArmor. Either way, that game is still a classic.

It costs $10, more expensive than the other PS1 games. I don't know if they still have used PS1 games at the gamestops in my area, but the last time I looked for SoTN (up to a half year ago), it was $20. I might just get this new version and give my cousin his original SoTN back as I've had it with me for a while now.

Around the Network

All I want is to play a Final fantasy game never played one in ma life.

mM

Wow, you're really behind on those lol. Sony should try and capitalize on the Final Fantasy 7 craze. I'm sure that'd sell a whole lot as a 'PS1 Classic' download on the Playstation Store.

Heck, if square announced a next-gen remake, that would get pretty hyped up. I believe rumors keep going around (though they were debunked) about a FF7 remake in development since the FF7 tech demo on the PS3 hardware in (I think) 2005.

I'm not a big fan of FF7 because of it's blocky graphics, but people swear by it as an amazing game. I have it on the PC, but it only supports VERY LOW resolutions so it looks like a blur on the game when playing that makes me sick after a short time, that's the bigger reason why I don't like it that much. I thought FFVIII wasn't bad and I also have (and enjoy) FFX.

I really want to know if this has the extra content on it or not. I fully beat the game on PSone, years ago and loved it!

But it's not worth my money unless it has the extra content, which I doubt as even the Xbox version didn't include all the extra SEGA Saturn content.

Anyone find any dirt on the game?

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

DoesWhatNintenDont said:
I really want to know if this has the extra content on it or not. I fully beat the game on PSone, years ago and loved it!

But it's not worth my money unless it has the extra content, which I doubt as even the Xbox version didn't include all the extra SEGA Saturn content.

Anyone find any dirt on the game?

From what I hear, it's the same version released on the 360. The only difference is you can play it on PS3 and PSP.

Around the Network
Dolla Dolla said:

From what I hear, it's the same version released on the 360. The only difference is you can play it on PS3 and PSP.

I hadn't even heard that it was the same version as the 360, so thanks Dolla Dolla!

I'll have to consider this and find out what kinda content was added for the 360 version, as a buddy of mine is going to give me his second SEGA Saturn, and buying the game for the Saturn might prove to have better content in the long run. 

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

I would definitely buy this game if I didn't own it already (the real copy). Here is to hoping for more third party PS games on the PSN. Japan already has a few, so BRING THEM OVER HERE SONY!!!

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Already bought it, played only a little so far and I like it.

I really want that new Castlevania on PSP though to come out soon. That's gonna include this game, the original Rondo of Blood and the new game all on one UMD also it's the first 3D castlevania game that looks to actually be good...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Its not the same as the Saturn or 360 one. Its an exact copy of the PS1 game, thats why they are called PS1 classics on the PS store

ckmlb said:
Already bought it, played only a little so far and I like it.

I really want that new Castlevania on PSP though to come out soon. That's gonna include this game, the original Rondo of Blood and the new game all on one UMD also it's the first 3D castlevania game that looks to actually be good...

If history is any guide, stay far away from 3d castlevania games, they all suck really bad >_>

Anyways I dunno why everyone is all excited it's going to PSN cause yeah... been on 360 arcade for a while lol. It is an amazing game definitely though, and if you've never played it worth a play. I wouldn't really play it again if I already have, but it is a really good game. I used to be able to beat that game in like 30 minutes :P (no inverted castle of course) good good times. Used to play that game to death.

Wii60 owns and that's all anyone needs