By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Level 5 DETHRONE S-E?

Khuutra said:
mibuokami said:
Khuutra said:
mibuokami said:
Khuutra said:
Level 5 will dethrone Square when they give me a game better than Final Fantasy XII.

I'm waiting.

XII?? Surely you jest, you would have been better served with X, IX, XIII or XII. XII was broken.

X's had the worst writing in the entire mainline series, IX was awesome, granted, XIII isn't even out yet what is wrong with you, and I don't know what you're trying to suggest that I would be better served with XII as compared to XII.

Final Fantasy XII was not broken. It was a masterpiece, worked exactly like it was supposed to, and was the pinnacle of the entire series, if not the genre.

Replace XII XIII with VII and VIII respectively.

Yes I am disleptic, -_- sorry.

Ohhhhhhhhh. My apologies, I had no idea. Yes, VII and VIII were also very enjoyable, though I hope you understand that I still disagree concerning XII.

@Riachu: I am referring to characterization, plot, pacing, quality of the narrative itself, and, yes, also how well-translated the game is. Woolsey's translations were not awesome, but they didn't subtract from games that had great characters and stories. X did not have that.

I think FFX nailed those down for the most part.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
mibuokami said:
Khuutra said:
mibuokami said:
Khuutra said:
Level 5 will dethrone Square when they give me a game better than Final Fantasy XII.

I'm waiting.

XII?? Surely you jest, you would have been better served with X, IX, XIII or XII. XII was broken. 

X's had the worst writing in the entire mainline series, IX was awesome, granted, XIII isn't even out yet what is wrong with you, and I don't know what you're trying to suggest that I would be better served with XII as compared to XII.

Final Fantasy XII was not broken. It was a masterpiece, worked exactly like it was supposed to, and was the pinnacle of the entire series, if not the genre.

Replace XII XIII with VII and VIII respectively.

Yes I am disleptic,  -_- sorry.

Ohhhhhhhhh. My apologies, I had no idea. Yes, VII and VIII were also very enjoyable, though I hope you understand that I still disagree concerning XII.

@Riachu: I am referring to characterization, plot, pacing, quality of the narrative itself, and, yes, also how well-translated the game is. Woolsey's translations were not awesome, but they didn't subtract from games that had great characters and stories. X did not have that.

As stated in my earlier edit I can respective a difference in opinion, my comment is base on an altogether factual observation, the game literally is broken due to exploitable situation that cannot even be considered bugs.

mibuokami said:

As stated in my earlier edit I can respective a difference in opinion, my comment is base on an altogether factual observation, the game literally is broken due to exploitable situation that cannot even be considered bugs.

There are leveling exploits in VI and VII too. That does not make them broken, that means there is an oversight in one particular scenario (the Midgar Zolom, the Raft Scene, the Tomb of Raithwall) that by no means detracts from the overall quality of the game.

Blah, it's all opinion. The FFXII lovers obviously find something in there they love, so let em have it. I'm more of an FFX guy, personally.

As for FFXII being "broken" due to a certain exploitable situation, I disagree - how many people have used this situation? I haven't bothered to look it up so I certainly don't know it. In fact, many of the complaints I read about the game is it's too hard.

edit: In FFX, once you reach Gadgetzan the game is a breeze if you use the Overdrive-AP trick, that doesn't mean the game is broken.

Khuutra said:
mibuokami said:

There are leveling exploits in VI and VII too. That does not make them broken, that means there is an oversight in one particular scenario (the Midgar Zolom, the Raft Scene, the Tomb of Raithwall) that by no means detracts from the overall quality of the game.

There is a level exploit in VII? Wow I've actually not heard of this, learn something new everyday :). The issue here is not if the game is not enjoyable or not, that is a matter of taste and even you can admit that many poeple are not happy with XII.

The level exploit in XII is widely publicised and very very easy to figure out or duplicate, for any serious gamer this doesn't pose an issue because you can simply ignore it.

But i think even you could admit that it distracts from a sense of achievement when 'easymode' is always present at the back of your mind. You can also never fully look on in awe at some of the high acheivement other poeple make because the everpresent doubt. I think its a detractor and also personally never liked XII but I can also respect your opinion, lets agree to disagree.

Around the Network
halil23 said:
Level 5 dethrone S-E?

Atlus has a more chance doing that!

Atlus games sell less than Level 5s

halil23 said:
Riachu said:
halil23 said:
Level 5 dethrone S-E?

Atlus has a more chance doing that!

Atlus games sell less than Level 5s

wow, so Atlus makes more games but Level 5 has higher sales, I'm shocked!

Is there any RPD devs (beside S-E) that has higher sales than Level 5?

If you are including WRPGs, then add Bioware as their games consistently sell millions

I hate it when people continue to throw ridiculous levels of hype on to a game. It makes it exceedingly difficult for the game to measure no matter how good it is. Level 5 is one of the premiere JRPG developers. WKC will almost assuredly be excellent. Let the game speak for itself.

As for Level 5 dethroning Square Enix. Square Enix dethroned themselves a long time ago. Ever since Final Fantasy VII launched their quality has been all over the place. They continually whore out the Final Fantasy name slapping it on any every game they can whether it fits or not. Square Enix is the EA of Japan and Final Fantasy is their John Madden Football.

I belive Level-5 Has a great chance in terms of "Quality" of being On par or even better then Square Enix, but as far as "Quantity" we wont be see'n that for quite awhile im afraid.

Khuutra said:
mibuokami said:
Khuutra said:

I'm waiting.

XII?? Surely you jest, you would have been better served with X, IX, XIII or XII. XII was broken.

FFX? worst? *punches face*

As for L-5 dethroning SE, quality-wise, they can do it. Popularity wise, no.