By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What can MS do to capture Others?

tuoyo said:
They could drop the price of the elite to £100 instead of only bringing the arcade version which no one seems to want to mass market price.

If that fails they could try giving the console away for free. On a serious note I don't think there is anything they can do to capture Others. Wii's momentum is just far too strong so I don't see how 360 can win in Others. But it can be very competitive by offering the Elite at a mass market price and maybe finish ahead of Sony. Will be tough as Europe has always been Playstation land but Wii has shown it can be done.

Ahh, but the wii has always been in a mass market price and the advertising is amed straight at casuals. While the 360 has reached well below the price of the wii there are a few problems:

1. The model everyone wants, the PREMIUM has reached below the wii's price but only by a few pounds and the people going to the store aren't going to change their mind

2. The console isn't really having a casual advertising.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Around the Network
ultimate_123 said:
tuoyo said:
They could drop the price of the elite to £100 instead of only bringing the arcade version which no one seems to want to mass market price.

If that fails they could try giving the console away for free. On a serious note I don't think there is anything they can do to capture Others. Wii's momentum is just far too strong so I don't see how 360 can win in Others. But it can be very competitive by offering the Elite at a mass market price and maybe finish ahead of Sony. Will be tough as Europe has always been Playstation land but Wii has shown it can be done.

Ahh, but the wii has always been in a mass market price and the advertising is amed straight at casuals. While the 360 has reached well below the price of the wii there are a few problems:

1. The model everyone wants, the PREMIUM has reached below the wii's price but only by a few pounds and the people going to the store aren't going to change their mind

2. The console isn't really having a casual advertising.

There's nothing to advertise.

blazinhead89 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

In Others, RRoD is a much larger deal than it is hear in the US. It's more highly publicized, also. Takes longer to get your console back, and other countries are less wasteful and more caring about singular material objects.

In America, if our 360 breaks, we might just buy a new one, lol. Actually, we American's are pretty freakin' decadent, if you ask me. I love it, personally. Just hope the stock market doesn't crash......DOH!

That, and Sony just has a good rep in Others. The PS and PS2 are what got Others into gaming in the first place, afterall. Sony is like their Nintendo.

Unfortunately, that also means Others if filled with a lot more people who are ignorant of anything that came out before Resident Evil. You see all these people around here with bad tastes? Here's a secret. They never owned a SNES. Blew your mind, didn't I?

I'm European, SNES was 1st Console, Prefer Sony PS FTW

I think you're just saying that because your first console was PS, and you want to marginalize the SNES, lol...j/k.

Anyway, yeah, the SNES was a great console, and so was the PS. Overall, the SNES was a better console, imo, and if the PS didn't have 3 amazing Final Fantasy games, RE, and MGS, it wouldn't be so fondly remembered. In other words, in the past, Sony got lucky with 3rd party games. Not so much anymore.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

360 is outselling the ps3 in others at the moment right?

what do you mean by capture? good games will capture lots of people in others. MS are doing very well in others.

ToastyJaguar said:
360 is outselling the ps3 in others at the moment right?

what do you mean by capture? good games will capture lots of people in others. MS are doing very well in others.

MS aren't doing well at all comparing it to the Wii and the PS3. Even with the price-cuts the sales are about to come on the same levels of the PS3. Only after 2 weeks.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.