By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

5 years isn't so bad, I'm guessing (I haven't actually checked) that the Wii has turned a profit by now (or will soon), so it's not as if it'd be a poor financial decision for the big N.

I can't decide whether I want long or shorter lifespan on the Wii.

On one hand, the next console would probably be Wii HD which comes with everything built in (so I don't have to buy motionplus).

But then the other side is, I spent money on the Wii and have only owned 7 games for it (including Wii sports, I'm sure you can guess what the 7 are)

Around the Network

Another hot scoop. It will be called Wii 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

CAL4M1TY said:
5 years isn't so bad, I'm guessing (I haven't actually checked) that the Wii has turned a profit by now (or will soon), so it's not as if it'd be a poor financial decision for the big N.

I can't decide whether I want long or shorter lifespan on the Wii.

On one hand, the next console would probably be Wii HD which comes with everything built in (so I don't have to buy motionplus).

But then the other side is, I spent money on the Wii and have only owned 7 games for it (including Wii sports, I'm sure you can guess what the 7 are)

I LOL'ed.

2011 too early, why whould Nintendo do that, if Wii will be still selling like hotcakes in 2011. Microsoft's Xbox 3 might be out, but i expect new Nintendo console later, with their support of the Wii even longer.

Why not get a reply from Nintendo on the subject?

Oh wait that's real journalism, my bad.

Around the Network

Why would ninty replace the wii when the market hasn't reached saturation yet?

Rumour!

wow the wii is coming out sooner than i think well actually i predicted that exact date..................

Wii 2 will come out in the second half of 2012. As I can see into the future I am 100% positive of this fact.

OMG a new Wii is coming!!! i thought it was Nintendos last console O-O

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

This just in. The Xbox360 and PS3 already have successors in the works too! Scheduled release date? SOONER THAN YOU MIGHT THINK 2010-2014! First reported here!