By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which mattered/matters most to Sony???

Jo21 said:
kowenicki said:

m$ have been selling 360 from a profit in day one

Wait...wha-? That's a joke, right...?

On topic, I'm sure Sony thought it would succeed in both. There are just far too many signs that Sony executives honestly thought that $500-600 for a PS3 was reasonable, and that Blu-Ray was the future. I really doubt that they expected the PS3 to be a "patsy" for Blu-Ray.

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
kowenicki said:
agreed...makes you wonder why Sony fanboys constantly abuse Microsoft as a money making nasty...

the blu ray cost wasn't passed to the costumer though, sony been selling the ps3 at a lost meaning you practically you didn't play for the blu ray.

m$ have been selling 360 from a profit in day one

he does have a point there. the PS3 cost 850 to produce at luanch so say it was only blu ray jacking up price is false as at luanch blue ray only added 135-180 to the cost of manufacturing. the XDR ram is expensive, the Cell was expensive, PS2 chip and video chip added to price, Wi-fi, built in HDD on all models.

I gaurantee take out 2 of any of thoes things and people would be pissed about it.

Its funny how my luanch PS3 is actually worth more now then it is at luanch. 160GB HDD, Full BC, Wi-fi. I could sell for 650 today. and checking amazon some people are selling new 60gb luanch ps3's for over 1,000 bux.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0009VXAM0/ref=sr_1_olp_5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1223746696&sr=1-5

kowenicki said:
blackstar said:
kowenicki said:
@ blackstar...

Check my older historical posts if you like.... I got a PS3 free on my wife's mobile phone contract and I got it primarily as a Blu-Ray player.

what about the 360 fans who have both consoles -and they are a lot- did they get it free too?

ps3 is selling because of games -just looking at ur gamertag will prove me right-  , blu-ray and free online not because of loyality

Sony is like anyother company wants to make money no matter how they are not doing what they are doing to please the fans , they are making it for money

You miss the point...   Im not saying there arent good games there to be had for a PS3 owner. 

But did the PS3 need Blu-Ray.... no it didnt, how many games out would have needed more than one disc? compression, multiple discs were alright in the last gen, other options such as installs were possible too. 

Blu-Ray has hindered the PS3 but was crucial for Sony.... PS3 fans have paid for that in terms of £ and $ and in terms of lost game exclusivity.   That is without question

no it didn't need a blu-ray and i told u they included it to gain money in the future not to please the fans

sony like anyother company thier goal is money , should i remind that xbox is discontinued now?? what about xbox fans? they are not as impotant to MS as money

blu-ray is not alone the reason why the ps3 is too expensive

finally sony didn't force anyone to buy the ps3

So is this thread just to bash Sony and their customers, or is there some other purpose that I'm not seeing?

kowenicki said:
blackstar said:
kowenicki said:
blackstar said:
kowenicki said:
@ blackstar...

Check my older historical posts if you like.... I got a PS3 free on my wife's mobile phone contract and I got it primarily as a Blu-Ray player.

what about the 360 fans who have both consoles -and they are a lot- did they get it free too?

ps3 is selling because of games -just looking at ur gamertag will prove me right-  , blu-ray and free online not because of loyality

Sony is like anyother company wants to make money no matter how they are not doing what they are doing to please the fans , they are making it for money

You miss the point...   Im not saying there arent good games there to be had for a PS3 owner. 

But did the PS3 need Blu-Ray.... no it didnt, how many games out would have needed more than one disc? compression, multiple discs were alright in the last gen, other options such as installs were possible too. 

Blu-Ray has hindered the PS3 but was crucial for Sony.... PS3 fans have paid for that in terms of £ and $ and in terms of lost game exclusivity.   That is without question

no it didn't need a blu-ray and i told u they included it to gain money in the future not to please the fans

sony like anyother company thier goal is money , should i remind that xbox is discontinued now?? what about xbox fans? they are not as impotant to MS as money

blu-ray is not alone the reason why the ps3 is too expensive

finally sony didn't force anyone to buy the ps3

xbox was discontinued due to the nvidia issues more than anything else... you should know this.

and you are right they didnt force anyone to buy the PS3... hence they are in third place because clearly most people agree with me.

lol check my first post in this thread , i completely agree with u

but it pisses of when people say: "brand loyality is what saving the ps3" and that's when i started posting angry posts

Around the Network

"xbox was discontinued due to the nvidia issues more than anything else... you should know this."

what issues??? are u telling that MS wanted to continue supporting the xbox but they couldn't because nivdia had issues?? lol

kowenicki said:
@ montana

Apologies my posts dont agree with your point of view all the time but we are allowed our own opinions too you know. How neutered do you want these forums to become?

This thread is a serious question as to the tactics of Sony in winning the hi-def war. Did they use brand loyalty to do that or did they genuinely believe they were givign their fans something much much better in the PS3 that others would lap up too?

Neutered? So you're saying that trolling should be allowed because people have freedom to opinion? This is a website, not a democracy. But let me quote you:

"Sony seems to have banked on brand loyalty to promote a new standard, believing that its 'fans' would pay the price whatever it was.  Or perhaps they knew it was too expensive but that it would shift enough to win the Hi-Def battle with HD-DVD?  In other words Sony 'used' its supporters to feather its nest."

Although they're apostrophes and not quotation marks, you seemed to question Sony's fans and whether or not Sony used their fans.

kowenicki said:
@ blackstar

Why would you get angry about people saying that about brand loyalty. Brand loyalty is a commendable thing where it is justified and I think Sony deserve some brand loyalty probably more than Ninty and MSoft... but they have abused it a tad... thats my point.

when i read my posts again it sounded stupid and serious sorry for that ,

on brand loyality: it's important but it's not why the ps3 is selling and i agreed from the start they did abuse it and i told u "so what every company did" ,,

again i'm not serious and i'm having fun and i'm sorry ^___^

my guess would be blu ray.

kowenicki said:
Montana... you really love to see things in my threads that nobody else sees.. have i upset you somehow?

This OP could never be said to be trolling.. thats an utterly ridiculous thing to say.

I put fans in apostrophies because maybe Sony believed it had more fans that it actually does... was the brand loyalty to the system or the games??

If I'm not giving people a hard time, I'm not doing my job

You just happen to be a victim of one of my cleanup rounds. There's actually not much wrong with this thread.