By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 gets a 9.5, Fallout 3 gets a 10 from OXM

starcraft said:
erikers said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
jasonnc80 said:
I'm more curious as to what their reasoning was behind Dead Space's 6.5?

All the other previews and reviews (albeit small # of them) have been very positive.

Not Exclusive -3 points.

Which is why Fallout 3 is higher than Fable 2 right?

You gotta pick the right moments man...

I believe he was being sarcastic....

Gee I didn't think of that before I posted, thanks! For that sarcasm to even make sense there would have to be no non-exclusive games beating an exclusive game when he posts that anyways. Think about it.

Here's clever sarcasm, starcraft styled.  So I heard the next thing they are pulling out of the Fable 2 limited edition (besides pulling everything they originally promised and built in co-op) is the actual game itself!  They are just going to sell the booklet for $10 because they know you will buy it.  

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Around the Network
erikers said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
jasonnc80 said:

All the other previews and reviews (albeit small # of them) have been very positive.

Not Exclusive -3 points.

Fallout 3 has exclusive DLC

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:
erikers said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
jasonnc80 said:

Not Exclusive -3 points.

Unless the DLC is Shivering Isles Jr then it won't be worth much unfortunately. If it's knights of the nine or horse armor again, nobodys going to give a crap about it. Hopefully they give me something decent to get.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

It's an official magazine, what do you expect?

It's the same as OPM's 10/10 for LBP. Means nothing, essentially.

A 6.5 for Dead space?

Ouch!

The game looks great from the trailers, I hope it isn't a dissapointment.

Around the Network

IGN give it 8.7 and other site give it A+ .. maybe OXM didnt like horror games.

erikers said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
erikers said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
jasonnc80 said:

Not Exclusive -3 points.

Unless the DLC is Shivering Isles Jr then it won't be worth much unfortunately. If it's knights of the nine or horse armor again, nobodys going to give a crap about it. Hopefully they give me something decent to get.

Be it as it may, the fact it has exclusive content saves it from the -3 modifier thus turning my sarcastisc comment apropiate within the context =)

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

It doesn't really matter what scores those games got I'm still getting both, but I'll probably get Fallout 3 for the PS3.

jmoney618 said:
It doesn't really matter what scores those games got I'm still getting both, but I'll probably get Fallout 3 for the PS3.

Why is that, I'm just wondering? Don't be afraid to answer truthfully, I'll protect you.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Well the first reason quited honestly, is that I don't have enough games for my PS3.  The second reason, I have found that some of the multi-platform games have a little better sound on the PS3 even if the graphics between the PS3 and 360 are comparable.  And no I'm not flaming any of the consoles, I own both a 360 and PS3 and love them both.