By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If it weren't for Wii, I wouldn't own a console this gen.

FryMyArse said:

So without the Wii, the other console numbers would remain the same?  So without Honda, does that mean the millions that buy Honda cars would decide to walk instead?  Your logic, as usual, is faulty.

Hardcore gaming (aka PC gaming) is indeed dying.  I'm glad you finally can admit that.

Damn.  Does anyone else here thinks this guy just created an account on the fly just to post on this thread to be an arse?  Pathetic, not that I expected anything more from forumers really.  You know what they say about winning debates on the intertubes right?

Oh and I agree with the OP,  I'm a PC gamer who owned a NES and then became a PC gamer.  Wii brought me back to the console scene.

Around the Network

Also, it's cool to have a nemesis.  Frybread, you're like Spiderman!

I won't own a console this gen.

To each his own.

Personally speaking, I like the Wii, but I really couldn´t own only this system.All the main 3rd party titles I enjoy have been on the HD systems and continue to be.

frybread said:
FryMyArse said:

So without the Wii, the other console numbers would remain the same?  So without Honda, does that mean the millions that buy Honda cars would decide to walk instead?  Your logic, as usual, is faulty.

Gotcha.

You just admitted that gamers are buying Wii, rather than ill-informed "aunts and uncles" as you contested before.

You're backed into a corner.  Either you admit gamers love Wii, or that gamers are no longer buying consoles and the expanded market loves Wii. You've tried spouting both as fact, it's time you pick one and stick to it.

Boom, headshot?

Around the Network
frybread said:
FryMyArse said:

Gotcha.

You just admitted that gamers are buying Wii, rather than ill-informed "aunts and uncles" as you contested before.

You're backed into a corner.  Either you admit gamers love Wii, or that gamers are no longer buying consoles and the expanded market loves Wii. You've tried spouting both as fact, it's time you pick one and stick to it.

Wow...that leap of logic was like Evel Kenievel jumping Snake Canyon.

All I admitted was, given less of a choice, consumers are going to move to another console.  I never said that ALL of the Wii buyers would migrate to PS3 or 360.  The more casual crowd, Aunt Mabel and Uncle Fred, would probably not buy a console given that choice.  I'll admit that Console Sales in a world without Wii would != Console Sales with Wii, but you are saying that Console Sales in a world Without Wii would = Total Sales - Wii Sales, which is just plain stupid and baseless.

Like I said, without the Wii, the console market would be ok.  Water seeks its own level, and all that.

It's silly to think that if the best-selling console disappeared tomorrow that the void would not be filled by the other two.

I'm not here to stalk anyone.  I'm just here to counteract the raging fanboyism represented by Mr. Frybread.

I have nothing against the Wii in general.  I don't feel that its existence threatens anyone's gaming way of life.  My beef is with frybread's constant assertion that the world would be a better place if Sony disappeared from the gaming market.

I'm not sure why anyone would wish for LESS choice in the marketplace and feel that is a good thing, but there you go.

Jo21 said:

you guys will miss out resident evil 5 though :/ and FF13
games that were in the market leader before and are gems this generation

and no if the wii didn't exist those sell would probably split up between sony and m$.

Yea, RE 5 and FF13 are a couple of the reasons I would like to buy a PS3. However, if I had enough money to buy a PS3, I would probably spend the money on SLI graphics cards for my computer. I wonder if I could get tri-sli for that kind of money.

"and no if the wii didn't exist those sell would probably split up between sony and m$." - There would be quite a few people who would. But you have to realize that XBOX360/PS3 is not a replacement for the Wii, and some of the people who bought the Wii may just decide not to own a console if it did not exist.

FryMyArse said:

I'm not here to stalk anyone.  I'm just here to counteract the raging fanboyism represented by Mr. Frybread.

I have nothing against the Wii in general.  I don't feel that its existence threatens anyone's gaming way of life.  My beef is with frybread's constant assertion that the world would be a better place if Sony disappeared from the gaming market.

I'm not sure why anyone would wish for LESS choice in the marketplace and feel that is a good thing, but there you go.

I'm sure.  Why don't you start a thread about it and get all this rage out in the open.  Hiding your real beef isn't really healthy, you never know if it has melamine in it.

code.samurai said:

I'm sure.  Why don't you start a thread about it and get all this rage out in the open.  Hiding your real beef isn't really healthy, you never know if it has melamine in it.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood.  I'm not angry and I have no beef with anyone.

Gaming is supposed to be about games, not about whose choice is the 'right' one, or whose choice is the 'wrong' one.

Choosing the best-selling console does not make you a better person or a better gamer.