By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What are Microsoft doing to Halo?

Onyxmeth said:
dtewi said:
Milking it.

Anything with the name Halo on it will sell. And I mean sell. Didn't that Halo book sell out on Amazon?

MS will be milking it because the sheeple/fanboys will buy it. They know it will sell, and probably the games will have subpar quality due to knowing it will sell and therefore not putting effort into the game. MS will probably pay off some previewers to make it sound good and reviewers as well to make people buy it. Just part of the Halo sale plan.

Were all sheeple sir. You follow your own pack of conspiracy theorists without fail. Did you even write this or was it lifted from some Anti-Halo blog?

Is sarcasm undetectable in this forum? Or do people view me as a serious person?

There was some slight truth to that statement that though. Companies do milk some games because they do sell.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Keep milking it.....I'll keep buying it!

Halo 3: Recon is a great concept. It diversifies the series. If you want to blame someone for milking the series, blame Bungie, not Microsoft. They just publish their IP.

Shadowblind said:

They are doing what SEGA, Sony, Nintendo and most major publishers do.

This. All publishers do this. Mario is the gaming industries whore, Sonic is Nintendo's Whore now, you think if KZ2, LBP or R2 launches huge Sony wouldn't do the same thing?

The only saving grace in this situation is that Halo is actually in Genre's it can work in, I mean an RTS game set in a universe of warring factions, bit of a no-brainer ain't it?

At least they're not trying to make a fat plumber an olympic sprinter.

It's milking, but it's not whoring (yet).

Mario makes a perfectly fine whatever they want him to be because his character really isn't that serious at all.

I could see why people would get mad if the games are bad, or if they really put him out of place, but the games haven't even come out yet and they don't seem to be distorting any part of the HALO WORLD that they've created by making Master Chief a chef or something.

Around the Network
dtewi said:
Onyxmeth said:
dtewi said:
Milking it.

Anything with the name Halo on it will sell. And I mean sell. Didn't that Halo book sell out on Amazon?

MS will be milking it because the sheeple/fanboys will buy it. They know it will sell, and probably the games will have subpar quality due to knowing it will sell and therefore not putting effort into the game. MS will probably pay off some previewers to make it sound good and reviewers as well to make people buy it. Just part of the Halo sale plan.

Were all sheeple sir. You follow your own pack of conspiracy theorists without fail. Did you even write this or was it lifted from some Anti-Halo blog?

Is sarcasm undetectable in this forum? Or do people view me as a serious person?

There was some slight truth to that statement that though. Companies do milk some games because they do sell.

Ahhh...sorry. Your subtleness fell under the radar of my sarcasm detector.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

@OP Bungie have and are making all except Halo Wars and the PEter Jackson one.

I guess considering what your post says you think the same about Half Life.

That has spanned 4 games for Half Life 1 and 4 for Half Life 2 (not including multiplayer games.

Halo has been around 8 years and only 3 games that to me is very impressive, not milking at all. By 2010 we will have 6 games. OOOOHHHHH milking it over a 10 year period. Ok.

Franchises don't stop before the profit does. Nobody's innocent. Relax.

selnor said:
@OP Bungie have and are making all except Halo Wars and the PEter Jackson one.

I guess considering what your post says you think the same about Half Life.

That has spanned 4 games for Half Life 1 and 4 for Half Life 2 (not including multiplayer games.

Halo has been around 8 years and only 3 games that to me is very impressive, not milking at all. By 2010 we will have 6 games. OOOOHHHHH milking it over a 10 year period. Ok.

All of those have been in the same genre.

Also at the person, who mentioned Mario, THANK YOU for getting what I've been trying to imply here.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Halo wars looks quite good actually

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot