By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (Wiiware) IGN World of Goo review ... Near perfect game

WOW:

IGN Ratings for World of Goo (Wii)
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
9.0 Presentation
Slick menus, simple story presentation, stunning style and some fun extras, like a coop mode and WiiConnect24 support.
9.5 Graphics
Sensational graphic style and polished execution. Goo looks better than most retail Wii games. Runs in pro-scan widescreen with a solid framerate, too.
9.5 Sound
Ambient, serene music that perfectly suits the stages it accompanies.
9.5 Gameplay
Amazingly good fun thanks to tight control and challenging levels that make you think. Feels like Nintendo made it.
9.0 Lasting Appeal
Arguably, if you're really good, you'll be able to blaze a trail through the four-plus worlds, but most will spend five to 10 hours. Coop mode. WiiConnect24. Future downloadable levels. Lacks editor.
Incredible
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

http://wii.ign.com/articles/918/918954p1.html

To be honest. This game always looks good, but this's great for the 2D Boy team. It's nice to see Independent developers have such sucess with a game.

Around the Network

Whoa! Didn't see this coming...

The crazy part is that there was so little that was known about this game, and yet here it is... with a fantastic score.

This could very well be my first WiiWare game. *gasps ensue*

This game is amazing and I never heard of it until now? That's crazy

wow, that's the highest rated wiiware game by ign to date

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

I've had my eye on this one since WiiWare was announced (it's the last of that generation, isn't it?). Glad to hear 2D-Boy's pulled through, and I eagerly await my chance to give them my $15.

Around the Network

If feels like Nintendo made it then it cant be a bad game, the review give me interest for the game

i´m considering buying it, it looks so freaking cool and fun

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

I was going to buy it even before IGNs review. The 9.5 from Matt just made my decision a happy one.

I didn't see this coming. Incredible, going for IGN's Wii GOTY along with Brawl :o

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

expensive wiiware title too 1500 POINTS!!! its worth it.