By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The reason why Nintendo is not having huge sales in US...

FINALLY!
Now my friend can find one in a store after a year of searching!

Around the Network

Hopefully this will be the holiday season that puts to rest any doubts of the Wii's place as number one this generation for developers.

RCTjunkie said:
FINALLY!

I wouldn't necessarily bet the house on it.

Onimusha12 said:

Hopefully this will be the holiday season that puts to rest any doubts of the Wii's place as number one this generation for developers.

That either.

__XBrawlX__ said:

And thus The world ends in the greatest way possible.... A Cataclysmic wave of Wii's Crashing down upon us... Believe it or not... this is always how I thought it would end... :)

RCTjunkie said:
FINALLY!

Or say to your friend "Go to Mexico and buy Wii" here a console NEVER has shortage but the price is $400

Around the Network

sooo true MANUELF....like a painful tradeoff, no shortages but outrageous prices...

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

noname2200 said:

Wow... excellent gif =p

well this will proably hurt 360 sales but not PS3 ones.

360 now has another cheap console to compete with.
If your after a PS3 you will definitly get one because the people after Wiis wont uy PS3s

Soriku said:
@Rol

So over 20 mil Wiis sold in NA by the end of the year? :O

Its possible but I'm not really sold on that just yet.  Using an average estimate of sales for the remaining weeks of October and then applying the 40% rule we should see ~11.02M in sales this quarter worldwide and ~4.71M for just NA.  But the 40% rule doesn't necessarily apply evenly across regions and with this announcement heavily implying they intend to focus on the North American market you could easily see an increase up to ~5.5M if not more.

So again, its possible, but its not a sure thing.

For those wondering:

Holiday Quarter Sales Estimates

Console Wii PS3 X360
Worldwide 11.02M 5.32M 4.57M
America 4.71M 1.96M 2.20M

Note that the PS3 outperforms the 360 in this analysis based on the impact of the 40% rule, not any introduced bias on my part.  Also note that the American sales are likely to be wildly different because the 40% rule does not cleanly and evenly break down by region, I'm just applying it that way in this instance for a rough approximation.

To Each Man, Responsibility

and how about japan?