By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii music will outsell every non Nintendo game

cleveland124 said:
  I thought it was a great idea until I saw all of the E3 videos. It's an extremely lame game which will get horrible reviews.

A quick disclaimer: I have absolutely zero idea if this is a joke thread or not, so forgive me for taking something here seriously if I'm not supposed to. Okay, to business.

I felt somewhat the same way after E3 (albeit to a much lesser extent). The game was just not well-presented there; it was a mess from start (the idiotic drummer) to finish (the execs who obviously couldn't play).

Then I saw more recent videos of the game in action, and I've started to think that Miyamoto hasn't lost his touch at all. Seriously, look up the TGS videos. It's almost a night and day difference, and Nintendo should be ashamed for butchering this thing at E3.

The mechanics of the game are actually really, really promising. I can see a lot of people having a lot of fun with the game, especially if you've always liked music but never had the time or talent to invest in learning real instruments. The prediction of selling 2 million in Japan alone no longer seems outlandish, it seems conservative. I do think this title will be big, but I think it will be big because it deserves to be, not just because of the name.

I know a lot of you don't want to give this game a chance, but judging from what I've seen you'll be missing out on what seems like a great title indeed.

Edit: This is what I meant about E3.

It's a little hard to not get turned off by that...

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:

I can see it now--the first game with a <55 metacritic average becoming the highest selling game this generation.

Lord.

You are aware of that the Ps3 has 20 games with lower then 55, so little to no change of this becomming the first (unless Wii music enables space and time travel)

Ps: I only took the Ps3 to show that it is not only Wii that has it. The Wii has even more.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Wii Music isn't a game so I don't know why we are even talking about this :p

I am perplexed. Why would Wii fanboys dislike Wii music? I don't think I would play it but I see it in the same vain as Wii fit. What is so inherently wrong about it?

Can love bloom on the battlefield?                 Proud supporter of this gen!!!

I will buy it.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
Cueil said:
Wii Music isn't a game so I don't know why we are even talking about this :p

Where in the OP did Kirby say it was a game?

"Wii music will outsell every non Nintendo game"

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Wii Music will be HUGE!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I should report you for trolling every wii music thread

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

RolStoppable said:
kirby007 said:
I should report you for trolling every wii music thread

Feel free to do that, I bet the mods will be laughing at you.

hmm now i'm curious what the reaction is

What kind of prediction is that? If you're just going to pull a number from your arse at least give a theory to support it.

See my or John Lucas's Wii Music prediction threads for example (both linked to in my sig).

BTW: I respectfully disagree. Wii Music is too damn genius for it's own good. People won't know what to do with it and it will only achieve modest success.